Return to main menu after launching browser
This is the skin I've been looking for -- it's clean and usable to the point that I can point non-geeks at my HTPC! Smile

The one issue I'm having is that when I put an addon in the main menu (e.g. a browser for Youtube Leanback mode) I end up on the Program Add-ons menu once I close the browser. Ideally I'd like it to go back to the main menu instead.

This happens when I use Chrome Launcher or Advanced Launcher, whether I point it at a favourite item or the addon. I've even tried adding an extra 'return' in the action in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml, but still get the same behavior.

Anyone seen this and know how to solve it?
What is the action before you add the return to the end?

(No need to edit script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml by the way, you can always select 'Custom action' from the menu customisation window and add the "return" there.)
For example, the one to launch Vimeo is:

ActivateWindow(10001,"plugin://plugin.program.chrome.launcher/?kiosk=yes&mode=showSite&stopPlayback=yes&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vimeo.com%2fcouchmode",return)

Though this seems to happen on anything that launches an external browser.

(I tried editing it in the GUI but was unable to edit the action field once I had selected the action. I am able to edit that field if I start a new item though, so I assumed it was an either/or -- either select an action or type your own, but not both.)

I should note that the single 'return' was added automatically. What I mentioned earlier was adding a second one which had no effect, so I removed it.
From a quick glance, what you describe would be the expected behaviour from that type of link. Might be worth asking whether Chrome Launcher/Advanced Launcher have an option to be accessed via RunScript - such a method would give the behaviour you describe.

(It should be both, not an either/or - unless a bug has crept into the script, which is very possible. I'll double check.)
Did anyone ever solve this? I have the same issue with the Aeon Nox skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Return to main menu after launching browser0