Playing files on DVD and/or Blu-ray
Hi there

Can I play files directly from disc & at the same time view all the necessary info about the program via XBMC the same as I am able to from HDD? I've never tried it before & am wondering if it works in the same manner?

William
yes http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=media_stubs
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
oh that is great. I didn't know you could do that. I was keeping a separate printed list for DVD and bluray.

How does it work with tv shows and seasons? If I have three seasons for a show, and each season has three disks containing four episodes each, do I need a .disc file for each disk or each episode or just each season?
You could do it a few ways, but probably easiest to do per disk and then name the stub file as multi-episode, like S01E01E02E03E04.disc
I have a list of dvd's in MS Access- about 400. I can export the list to excel, word, txt etc.

Rather than typing up each xx.disc file individually for all 400 dvd's, Is there a way of exporting each movie name in my list to the filename of the .disc text file? (does that make sense?)

I had a play with Bulk Rename, but it doesn't seem to have that function.
This would be a trivial(ish) exercise in linux which has strong scripting abilities. I haven't played with this sort of thing for a while, but the challenge would be interesting. PM a dropbox or similar link to a text CSV export of your database and I'll have a play.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ignore my last. Found the function in Bulk Rename. It is named as Import-Rename Pairs

Thank you anyway nickr
FYI

I have noticed that the Missing Movie Scanner add on does not work on these .disk files...
I have been busy updating my library with this new found feature.

Movies all imported and scraped well, apart from a dozen or so that needed minor movie name fixes at my end.

Now I am having trouble with TV Shows not scraping correctly.

This is the content of my advancedsetting.xml file
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="append">
<regexp>S([0-9]+) Ep([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)[\\/]</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
<advancedsettings>
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>

I have a directory named with the title of the show (eg Buffy The Vampire Slayer)
In that directory I have a .disc entry for each episode... Buffy The Vampire Slayer S05 Ep01

The scraper scrapes the correct show, but cannot distinguish between seasons. So for 5 seasons of Buffy, I have 5 entries for S01 Ep01. Each entry works correctly and each entry will play the first episode of each season, but they are just all named season 1.

I have also tried this with 24, Farscape and Sliders and get the same results.

Do I need to update the advancedsettings.xml file?

My log file....
I have been trying to upload a log file but it doesn't seem to work. I have tried manually at xbmclogs.com, and I keep getting a "A phrase has been censored" error message and it won't accept it. I try via the add-on and nothing happens even after rebooting 4 times.

So here is an extract...

Quote:19:26:27 T:5208 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match G:\TV Shows\24\24 S02 Ep12.disc (s1e12) [[\._ -]()ep_?([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
19:26:27 T:5208 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match G:\TV Shows\24\24 S02 Ep13.disc (s1e13) [[\._ -]()ep_?([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
19:26:27 T:5208 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match G:\TV Shows\24\24 S02 Ep14.disc (s1e14) [[\._ -]()ep_?([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
19:26:27 T:5208 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match G:\TV Shows\24\24 S02 Ep15.disc (s1e15) [[\._ -]()ep_?([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
19:26:27 T:5208 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match G:\TV Shows\24\24 S02 Ep16.disc (s1e16) [[\._ -]()ep_?([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
19:26:27 T:5208 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match G:\TV Shows\24\24 S02 Ep17.disc (s1e17) [[\._ -]()ep_?([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]

I know you need more info than that, but I just don't know how to get it to xbmclogs.
The standard S01E01 should work.
Thank you nickr... that did it!!!
Cheers, glad it helped Smile
I don't know what I have done, but I seem to have lost all my *.disc file entries in Movies. They are still ok in TV Shows though.

The *.disc files are still in the Movies directory when viewed with Windows Explorer. If I navigate via Video>Files, I can see the *disc entries listed but all without any information (plot, thumbnails etc) but when navigating through Library mode to Movies>Titles they are not there.

I have rebooted, removed the files, cleaned Library, copied back the files then Updated Library, rebooted again... but it still won't pick up those entries.

The only thing I have done in the last 24 hours is played with Tags, but I have removed all tags from the library.

My Log file... http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=258659

If I can get this fixed, I promise I'll stop fiddling with it for the next couple of weeks :-)
Still trying to figure this out...

I installed SQLite Database Browser, took a copy of MyVideos78.db and had peek inside. All those *.disc files are in the library.

I also added a three new *.disc files, but they were not entered into the db.

Also noticing that my screensaver is not showing the fanart of any of those *.disc movies.

Why won't they show in Kodi's movie menu? As I stated earlier, they displaying ok in TV Shows.

Is my next step to delete the database and let it re-create itself?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing files on DVD and/or Blu-ray0