Where is my XBMC Library?
Hi all,

I tried to find the answer to my question on this forum & unless I'm doing something stupid, I cannot for the life of me find the answer!!

Anyway, when I was using Frodo with the Confluence skin, I would search for a movies, for example, & when found, I would right-click & "Add to XBMC Library". I would then go to my Homescreen --> Videos --> Movies where I would find all my movies I had select to add to my XBMC Library.

Now I have installed Gotham with the standard Confluence skin, which gives me the same options to search & then "Add to XBMC Library", but when I go to my Homescreen --> Videos, I cannot find my movies library, & try as I may, I cannot find it anywhere.

I've tried following the Wiki on enabling the library but cannot get it to work, & anyway, should I have to do what it says in the Wiki, when a basic featur like this should surely be automatically enabled, as it was in Frodo.

Please, anyone, any ideasHuhHuh?
Huh
Nothing has really changed between Frodo and Gotham as far as basic library adding goes. Are you talking about the "scan for new content" option?
Check your video library settings.. make sure you are set up correctly for your situation (download additional info, scaper or local nfo, etc).

Make sure your source settings are correct for your setup (Edit Source) (Movies in Each Folder, Scan Recursively, etc). Then scan to library from the context menu.

Give it some time. If your library doesn't show up, there is some other issue. Try a debug log.
(2014-07-21, 17:28)Ned Scott Wrote: Nothing has really changed between Frodo and Gotham as far as basic library adding goes. Are you talking about the "scan for new content" option?

....No, if you search for a movie & find it. Then right-click to movie you want to add & select "Add to XBMC Library"

(2014-07-21, 17:41)whitebelly Wrote: Check your video library settings.. make sure you are set up correctly for your situation (download additional info, scaper or local nfo, etc).

Make sure your source settings are correct for your setup (Edit Source) (Movies in Each Folder, Scan Recursively, etc). Then scan to library from the context menu.

Give it some time. If your library doesn't show up, there is some other issue. Try a debug log.

Hmmm, why is it that I did n0t have to do this in Frodo?
Because you're apparently using bootleg video add-ons and not local movie files. We don't support this and we can't help you with it per our forum rules (wiki).
(2014-07-21, 18:31)Ned Scott Wrote: Because you're apparently using bootleg video add-ons and not local movie files. We don't support this and we can't help you with it per our forum rules (wiki).

Don't understand Huh

I'm trying to add to the XBMC library, whats "bootleg" about that?

And what is a "local movie file"?
More commonly known as video piracy.
(2014-07-21, 18:46)Ned Scott Wrote: More commonly known as video piracy.

Gosh, either I'm being really stupid or I am really not understanding what you are saying to me Angry

Are you telling me that XBMC is video piracy??

Anyway, just so you know; I've sorted the problem out now with the help of someone on Youtube who has appears to have no affiliation with this forum which is a bit of a shame that I had to go elsewhere to find the answer instead of the actual horses mouth!!

But before I go, I will leave how I did it for anyone else having the same problem & getting the same cryptic answers thrown at them.

The XBMC library is held on your local drive, usually the "C" drive at C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.icechannel\Movies

In the XBMC Homescreen select Videos --> Files --> Add Videos

Browse to the location of the Movies C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.icechannel\Movies

Add a name for your library, I called mine "My Movies"

Add a scraper.

Confirm it through & there you are; Bob's your uncle & Frances is his misses.

XBMC even sticks a shortcut to your library on the homescreen automatically for you.

Enjoy!
xbmc is not affiliated to pirate channels . i.e icechannel - illegal streaming of pirated content
If you had read the wiki you would have seen that xbmc is a media player for local media
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2014-07-21, 20:25)leepenny Wrote: xbmc is not affiliated to pirate channels . i.e icechannel - illegal streaming of pirated content
If you had read the wiki you would have seen that xbmc is a media player for local media

Blimey!!

I'm just trying to think at what point Icefilms was installed, I've got to be honest I did not notice, or if it was there as part of the XBMC install or if it was installed as part of Fusion XBMCHub, or is that also not sanctioned. I might re-install XBMC & see at what point these things start to appear.Rolleyes
let me go and answer that for you. NEVER WILL BE SUPPORTED.
(2014-07-21, 21:10)helta Wrote: let me go and answer that for you. NEVER WILL BE SUPPORTED.

Wahey,,,,,,,,there it is guys............now you know. Big Grin

i'm going to bed now.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is my XBMC Library?0