Problems with Audio Config (Gotham 13.1)
Hi there,

I know there were some changes in the Audio Configuration between Frodo and Gotham, but I can not figured out, how to config my Audio System in Gotham to get DD 5.1 and DTS to work.

It all work fine with Frodo. Here are the settings I use with Frodo:

But with Gotham there is missing the option "Speaker Configuration" - so I can not chosse 5.1 as i did in Frodo.

Here are the Gotham setting:

Is there something I missed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regads sonic
I think WASAPI is recommended over directsound for passthrough. Changing that might make the passthrough output device appear ( although it will be greyed out as you cannot change it). Other than that your settings look correct. BTW, 2 channels is correct for 5.1 sound over S/PDIF.

If that doesn't help, a debug log (wiki) may show what is occurring.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Ah Ok, WASAPI seems to work - my AV-Receiver shows DD5.1 and DTS if I play some demo files. But still missing the option, to choose the Number of Channels - is it gone in Gotham?
As I explained, S/PDIF is 2 channel only. However, the 5.1 signal of DD5.1/DTS is encoded into those two channels, passed through by XBMC and then decoded by your AVR. As many people are confused by this, the audio devs simplified things by removing the channel options when S/PDIF is selected with the result that XBMC automatically selects the right output when using S/PDIF.
Thx for the explaining and your help. Now it makes some sense to me Wink
No worries. Glad your audio is working Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Audio Config (Gotham 13.1)0