ATV582E or rasberry pi or nuc
(2014-07-22, 21:35)skooby Wrote:
(2014-07-22, 21:00)yaqh Wrote: is rasberry that slow to use for xbmc,I only want to stream 720p nothing high bit rate.

Raspberry pi will play 720p just fine. Its the menu system and the general feel of it thats slow,the actual playback is the same as any other xbmc.

ok thanks.I will have to rethink my options.
Menus in stock Confluence and lightweight skins (eg. Amber) are not so slow on a Pi to be a problem - it might mean it takes 4-5 seconds to enter the movie library when you have 700+ movies. Accessing tvshows is more-or-less instant, as are all other menus in the stock UI, so not slow.

Addons /can/ be slow if they crunch a lot of data, or are inefficiently coded. Good progress has been made improving the performance of some formerly slow addons with fairly straight forward code optimisations, and these now perform much better.

So while the menus on a Pi are sometimes slower than on x86 this isn't universal and does need qualifying.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
This is an interesting thread. I am currently looking for another box to run XBMC in another room. I currently have a windows 7 HTPC running Gotham 13.1 as a server and an OUYA running XBMC 13.1 networked for our bedroom TV. I am interested in getting another unit for another room but I don't think I want another OUYA. Is the NUC the way to go? Will OpenElec network to the Windows 7 PC? Could a NUC potentially run as a server? I would like to get rid of the bulky server. Also, I am trying to eliminate the need for satellite tv but my husband has a hard time using XBMC. Are there good remotes that would navigate XBMC easily?
I'm just wondering is it worth the extra for NUC or shall i settle for Pi, would I see much difference in performance streaming 720p content.
Surely it's got to be loads better than my shitty mk802 iiis. I am going to be paying double the price NUC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV582E or rasberry pi or nuc0