Miracast (or similar) to pc?
Is it possible in anyway to use something like miracast (or any way of screen mirroring) to a media PC.

Basically I have a media PC running windows 8.1 with XBMC on it in my living room and I wanted to be able to connect my android to it to mirror the screen. Although I have not come across anything like this I am surprised that if a tiny little dongle into the back of a TV can manage this that my PC can't even if I have to buy some kind of adapter.

I hope there is some sort of solution.

Mala
HTPC: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH w/ 128GB SSD and 2GB RAM
Server: WD MyCloud 4TB
chromecast
I've been trying various solutions to stream kodi to my 42inch flatscreen. For netflix, Chrome with the chromecast extension works well, but since there is no chromecast extension for Kodi, I ordered a miracast hdmi key (miracreen5g), one of the rare miracast devices working on 5Ghz wifi.

To my surprise, after some tweaking, this is working EXCELLENT on my Windows 10 2-in-1 laptop. A strong wifi signal is required to prevent image stuttering, but I'm writing this on my laptop (with a low-end Intel 4core 2940 CPU) while Kodi is running in a sepaarate desktop window using miracast. At the same time,my wife is streaming another movie on her laptop, also using the 5Hgz band. Truely amazing.

Although chromecast is easier to setup (but no Kodi support), I think using Miracast is the best out-of-the-box alternative for Windows casting without having to use special settings and external players.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Miracast (or similar) to pc?0