Strange library issue
I've got a problem with my library, and haven't found an answer anywhere. I'm on a windows computer, running Windows 7 Home Premium. Minimal other programs, just anti virus as this is a dedicated media unit.
I just installed Gotham, and hooked said computer to the tv. All my movies and television shows, and photos, and music are on a WD MyCloud NAS. The folders are simply television, movies, pictures, and music. Within each folder there are folders for each album, movie, television show. Within those folders, if necessary, there are folders for season one, season two, etc.

I have kept the skin that was installed with the setup. (I forgot the name.)

Whenever I add new movies or shows, I open the menu to the left of the screen, and click on refresh library. This results in maybe 20 percent of my movies showing double listings. Of that group of doubles there is maybe 20 percent that are placed into "collections" that are simply two instances of the same file. The remaining doubles are not placed into "collections", but doubled in the main list. I have tried cleaning the library, it doesn't work. I have deleted and re installed XBMC, and get the same issue. I have deleted the entire library, renamed the folders holding all the media, changed the path, and have the same problem. So, anyone have a fix?

I also have an issue that some files have been scraped, and produced a thumbnail with the correct title, but the folder shows empty. No, it is not empty on the NAS, but the files are flv files. Is this a problem?

Since I'm a newbie, I hope someone can provide an answer. I did read many posts about library doubles, but no one had my problem, so a new thread.

Thanks in advance,
Marlin1
Not really sure what to make of your issue.... Please read the wiki's especially that part about scanning into the library. Your problem is really a mired of possibilities and in these cases we ask for the full -debug- log posted to a paste-bin and linked back to this message.

I'll offer a few suggestions which might enlighten the situation.

1) If there is a trailer or another video like (sample) in the same folder, you will get two listings.
2) a quick check with the information keyboard "I" command with target in focus will give you the path and file name... perhaps you have multiple paths to the same source.
3) Is WD MyCloud NAS a USB hook-up? windoze plays musical chairs with drive letters whihc becomes a changing path and links are broken.
4) Although Flash is supported in the player, I'm not sure the scraper does (temporarily rename the file extension .avi) and see what that does for you.
5) default skin is called Confluence, use it. Make sure you only have ONE source for your each.
6) With two identical listings... using the information command on each, and compare the path... I suspect you will see your issue as two different paths to the same file.

Failing all... read This Specifically section #3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange library issue0