[RELEASE] My Music TV
We have an international user base. If implemented it should be based on your language setting IMHO.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is there a recommended app for creating channels from your own local media? I tried using VLC on my Linux machine and it did nothing when selected in the add-on. Same deal with the Smart Playlist I created in XBMC itself and moved to the proper directory for the add-on to find. It sees the file, but selecting it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Edit: My platforms are a mix of OS X, Linux, and Android. I have no use for Windows.
Hi !

Thank you for this addon but I can't play a spotify playlist, can you tell me if there is something wrong with this code ?

Code:
<channel>
    <entry title="AXEL" type="spotify:playlist" limit="20" value="spotify:user:okilimano:playlist:76n5ByFy36uG0H7V4Qzxlf" />
</channel>

I also tried :
Code:
<channel>
    <entry title="AXEL" type="spotify:playlist" limit="20" value="spotify:76n5ByFy36uG0H7V4Qzxlf" />
</channel>

and :
Code:
<channel>
    <entry title="AXEL" type="spotify:playlist" limit="20" value="76n5ByFy36uG0H7V4Qzxlf" />
</channel>

But it didn't work either.

I tried with both .txt and .xml files and nothing happens when I select my channel.
This is actually a playlist of all my music, I tried it with a very small playlist instead and it still didn't work.

Please let me know if you see what I've done wrong.

Thank you !
v1.0.6:
- Changed iTunes Charts listing (xml->json)

(2014-09-28, 15:25)nickshe89 Wrote: how i do itunes charts
Sorry, I forgot to post info about that:
Code:
iTunes Charts:
    type: "itunes"
    value: "COUNTRY_ID:GENRE_ID"
    All COUNTRY_IDs can be found here: https://rss.itunes.apple.com/
    You can also test chart-lists there: Country->Media Type:Music!->Feed Type:Top Songs->Size:100->Genre
    You can find the GENRE_ID in the url: https://itunes.apple.com/COUNTRY_ID/genre/music-GENRE_NAME/idGENRE_ID
    A list of all genres: https://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/music/id34
    Default caching duration: 7 days
Also added to the first post...

(2014-10-06, 21:35)bornagainpengui Wrote: Is there a recommended app for creating channels from your own local media? I tried using VLC on my Linux machine and it did nothing when selected in the add-on. Same deal with the Smart Playlist I created in XBMC itself and moved to the proper directory for the add-on to find. It sees the file, but selecting it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
I don't really know what you did with vlc and how it's connected to the addon, but I guess you missunderstood something. Channels are not the same as playlists.
You can add different playlist types (local: folders/smartplaylists/xspf) to channels as sources. You can't just rename a playlist so that the addon recognizes it as a channel. See first post for more info.

(2014-10-16, 20:07)KILIMAN Wrote: Thank you for this addon but I can't play a spotify playlist, can you tell me if there is something wrong with this code ?
The value for spotify playlists has to be in the "USER_IDTongueLAYLIST_ID" format. So in your case, it would be:
Code:
value="okilimano:76n5ByFy36uG0H7V4Qzxlf"
Also, the limit setting mainly only makes sense with charts or TOP-Playlists.
Limiting your playlist entry to 20 always just shows you the first 20 items in your list. I would recommend this entry for personal playlists:
Code:
<entry title="AXEL" type="spotify:playlist" cache="1" value="okilimano:76n5ByFy36uG0H7V4Qzxlf" />
Per default, playlists are cached for 7 days. So changing that value makes sense when your want your channel to get updated frequently.
Thank you so much AddonScriptorDE !
Thank you so much for this!
I have looking for a solution to use my Deezer account with XBMC/Kodi for months.
Really great work!
I cant get the itunes charts to work, no idea whats wrong.

I want the top100 charts but everytime there is a script failure

<channel thumb="THUMB_URL" shuffled="no" unwatched="yes">
<entry title="Itunes Pop" type="itunes" limit="20" cache="1" value="17" />
</channel>

Any idea?

With id17 its the same and also other ids dont work
Dear AddonscriptorDE Smile

I'm having trouble with the shuffled option.
It seems that when I try to shuffle a big playlist like below, the playlist only shuffles 2-3 artists and stick to them, it's not a full random shuffle although there are more than 100 artists in my playlist :
Code:
<channel thumb="https://spotifypresscom.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/spotify-logo-primary-vertical-light-background-rgb.jpg" shuffled="yes" unwatched="no">
    <entry title="SPOTIFY2" type="spotify:playlist" cache="1" value="okilimano:5ukgNuEjVTYm1eQLGoYlG4" />
</channel>

For example I often get 5-6 songs in a row from the same artist (usually Dagoba, Aqme or Gojira ? I don't know why these 3 artists ?) and then 2 completely random songs are queued and back to approx. 5-6 songs from an artist ...

You can replicate the problem with my channel code, can someone help please ?

I also have another question:
is there a way to filter videos in order to show only videos with graphic interest, or "official" music videos.
The purpose would be to ignore annoying youtube videos showing only album art or lyrics ?

Thank you very much !
Sorry for being such a noob, I dont really understand how to make up these playlists. Probably not that confusing as I see it, but ive only got the one to play only because I copied the vevo top 20 from the fist page.

Can someone post one that is complete for iTunes please. Just for an example.
You mention being able to use iTunes chart-lists, but I don't quite understand how the syntax should be

Say I want to turn the following rss url into a channel.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/rss/topsongs...t=true/xml

What would the channel xml look like?
(2014-11-24, 03:33)zyphermonkey Wrote: You mention being able to use iTunes chart-lists, but I don't quite understand how the syntax should be

Say I want to turn the following rss url into a channel.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/rss/topsongs...t=true/xml

What would the channel xml look like?

This is what I tried...

<channel>
<entry title="Top25 Country" type="itunes" limit="25" value="us:1606" />
</channel>

It doesn't work... maybe someone can point out our mistake...
is it possible to save the xml list on a webserver rather than locally?
(2014-10-18, 01:22)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2014-10-06, 21:35)bornagainpengui Wrote: Is there a recommended app for creating channels from your own local media? I tried using VLC on my Linux machine and it did nothing when selected in the add-on. Same deal with the Smart Playlist I created in XBMC itself and moved to the proper directory for the add-on to find. It sees the file, but selecting it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
I don't really know what you did with vlc and how it's connected to the addon, but I guess you missunderstood something. Channels are not the same as playlists.
You can add different playlist types (local: folders/smartplaylists/xspf) to channels as sources. You can't just rename a playlist so that the addon recognizes it as a channel. See first post for more info.

I was trying to use VLC to create the xml file via a GUI. I also missed the message in the first post saying Playlist could not be created within XBMC, so I tried creating my Playlist from within XBMC and moving the result to the directory channels are in. Yeah, I clearly misunderstood a few things. Sad

So I am completely unable to make use of the music video collection I've loaded in XBMC, I have to list the videos one at a time in a properly coded xml file manually --am I understanding this correctly? That is the only way to make use of local music videos in this addon?
When I try to play anything I get directed to YouTube.com/devicesupport. It would be great if you could give us a bigfix like you did for Youtube Music.

Thx!
Hey guys, I hope you can help me. I tried all the music addons in the world and NONE of them work for me.

Device: Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software: Latest Firmware with Kodi 14.x

All other addons work great, just music related ones seem to fail.

I created the following XML:

Code:
<channel>
    <entry title="Top Electronic Dance Music" type="youtube" value="PLUg_BxrbJNY78MV4IzXakto3THHAbqM-U" />
    <entry title="Top 40 (DE)" type="spotify:playlist" value="spotify:3sqMZDGlRyWC27qmRERstj" />
    <entry title="Top 40 (UK)" type="spotify:playlist" value="spotify:3x5ZITG5htVuhRNWtsNT3q" />
    <entry title="Top 100 (Spotify)" type="spotify:playlist" value="spotify:4hOKQuZbraPDIfaGbM3lKI" />
    <entry title="Billboard Top 100" type="youtube" value="PLpEqhn87Qk-zTvMlTSjZq-qbOUHN9bqJh" />
    <entry title="TheSoundYouNeed" type="youtube" value="LLudKvbd6gvbm5UCYRk5tZKA" />
    <entry title="MrSuicideSheep" type="youtube" value="PLDfKAXSi6kUY0DDWDo2-tH3-ErRk08fWe" />
    <entry title="Recommended (YouTube)" type="youtube" value="TLz6eUlUDI1D0" />
    <entry title="Today's Top Hits" type="spotify:playlist" value="spotify:5FJXhjdILmRA2z5bvz4nzf" />
</channel>

Just to get some test songs in, and after I tried it, I received:
Error
Script Failed! : My Music TV

Same goes for Muzu.tv and many other.

Any idea what the problem might be? I installed it from one of the reps I got installed, not sure which one.

I seem to be using 1.0.6 of "My Music TV".

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!

EDIT 1:
It was related to the Spotify playlists. All of those produced errors, no idea why. Youtube works fine for most lists, but not for the ones (e.g. PLx0sYbCqOb8Q_CLZC2BdBSKEEB59BOPUM) with significantly longer IDs. Regardless, awesome addon!

EDIT 2:
Actually, I keep getting errors of this kind: "Playback failed", "One or more items failed to play" with only an okay button. I assume this could be caused by videos that are not available in my country (Spain)? But even in this case the plugin should probably acknowledge this and move on.

EDIT 3:
Yeah with the constant errors the addon is really unusable Sad... would appreciate some feedback!

Do I do something wrong?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] My Music TV0