How is content stored in .xbt file?
Question 
Hi guys,

in the continuing series of "The educating of Wyrm", could someone whom has knowledge in this area please enlighten me on how textures are stored in a .xbt file.

In particular I am assuming that if I include two identical (but differently named) graphic files in my /media directory that texturepacker will store one copy and point both names for the file at the same image compressed within the .xbt file. Is this correct, or are both copies of the image file stored within the .xbt file?

An example of the above is that DefaultAudio.png and DefaultMusicAlbums.png are the same files in my skin just named differently. Until recently there was a size difference (but no real visual difference) between the two files, so I just copied one file over the other. Do I pickup the difference in size between the two files as a saving , or will I save the size of one of the files after images are packed in a .xbt file?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
They will be stored only once if the -dupecheck option is enabled. Afaik this is not the case for skins in the repository.
(2014-07-22, 08:35)`Black Wrote: They will be stored only once if the -dupecheck option is enabled. Afaik this is not the case for skins in the repository.
Black,

Thanks mate, spotted that in the wiki just before I saw your message (was looking for something else and stumbled across it). Also just discovered a 1.4M sound file in my skin that I should have deleted months ago, so the small difference that this would make to my skins size has just been swamped by the effect of removing the old sound file.

Just the same, this setting for texturepacker would seem like a "No brainer" for including in the repo skins, do you know why this option is not enabled?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

I asked for it to be enabled some time ago but they said it might have caused problems so it was disabled. I also think it should be enabled again as it reduces size and doesn't seem to cause any problems.
(2014-07-22, 16:35)`Black Wrote: I asked for it to be enabled some time ago but they said it might have caused problems so it was disabled. I also think it should be enabled again as it reduces size and doesn't seem to cause any problems.
Black,

I guess it would be Ronie we ask nicely to have this re-enabled, or is there someone else we need to convince that this is a good idea?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thank you for asking wyrm, and thank you for answering `Black. I've always wondered the same thing, I know the Wiki has a large amount of information but I've very much interested in the absolute specifics of the xbt format.

Different note: `Black, what happens when you put compress your textures on Xperience1080 to xbt? Unless I'm doing it incorrectly I see problems with the originals.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How is content stored in .xbt file?0