Neon for Helix
I'm running a recent compile of the Helix git checkout, along with the repo cloned from https://github.com/kibje/skin.neon. I have lost the overflow menu options, as can be seen below in a comparison against confluence. This actually means I can't finish watching an episode as there's no way to access it after it's started, either to play the file or clear the timer! I've tried both the Gotham and Helix branches but both display the same empty menu.

Additionally, I'm also having alignment issues with Media View, despite using the most recent checkout (including the July 5th patches) as can be seen in the second screenshot. Interestingly, my misalignment looks different to others and affects both last aired and episode number.

I'll take a look
There were major changes in xbmc Helix skin engine which are only partially implemented in the helix branch of neon and it's not even close to being usable at the moment.

You seem to be using the neon Gotham branch on xbmc helix, this doesn't work at all as it is missing required changes.

Switch back to Gotham or switch to another skin for now.
I created a development discussion thread for Helix: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200406
(2014-07-22, 02:15)Kib Wrote: You seem to be using the neon Gotham branch on xbmc helix, this doesn't work at all as it is missing required changes.

I switched to the Helix branch when I noticed the breakage as I was previously on the Gotham branch. How could you tell from the screenshot which branch I was on?

Thanks for starting the new discussion thread. I'll check out the skinning link in that thread to see if there's anything I can do to get Helix usable and submits some patches. Downgrading is not an option as I use a MySQL db which has updated the version, I think.

(Wasn't sure if I should reply here or in the dedicated discussion thread - please let me know if I need to move)
The context menu breakage you screenshotted does NOT exist in XBMC 13 Gotham when using the 3.0.7 build.
It does exist in XBMC 14 Helix when using either the 3.0.7 Neon for Gotham or 3.9.0 Neon for Helix versions
It also was broken earlier with an old version of Neon 3.0.x when using a recent XBMC Gotham.

Are you sure you installed Neon from the official repo ? Sorry, you did a git checkout. Be sure to select the Neon Gotham branch with a recent XBMC 13 Gotham version.
(2014-07-22, 15:01)Kib Wrote: It also was broken earlier with an old version of Neon 3.0.x when using a recent Gotham.

Does this mean that the required fix for Helix has already been incorporated into the Gotham branch if I look through the code? Or is the applied fix also broken in Helix to produce the same bug?

(2014-07-22, 15:01)Kib Wrote: Be sure to select the Gotham branch with a recent Gotham XBMC version.

Downgrading is not possible now that I've moved to the most recent git checkout, so I'll use the Helix branch on Helix XBMC and try to code some fixes to submit as pull requests to that branch.
(2014-07-23, 12:50)IAmNotAUser Wrote: Downgrading is not possible now that I've moved to the most recent git checkout, so I'll use the Helix branch on Helix XBMC and try to code some fixes to submit as pull requests to that branch.

Much appreciated. !

Almost all of the breakage can be explained by this: https://github.com/kibje/skin.neon/commi...48f7a17df9
I have only partially done the label alignment fixes that are needed because of that change in the skinning engine.

See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200406 for an exact list of what needs to be done - i'll create that right now.
Done creating the list. As you can see there are not too many required changes but two of them are fairly extensive.
(2014-07-23, 12:50)IAmNotAUser Wrote: Does this mean that the required fix for Helix has already been incorporated into the Gotham branch if I look through the code? Or is the applied fix also broken in Helix to produce the same bug?

Nope, we had an issue in the Neon code that produced a broken context menu under the XBMC 13 skin engine.
This was fixed in the Gotham branch of Neon.
We now have a changed skin engine in XBMC 14 that also breaks the context menu in a similar looking way.
This needs to be fixed in the Helix branch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon for Helix0