Software raid 1
Exclamation 
Hello,

I've been trying to get a software raid setup on 2 1TB drives with xmbcbuntu for about a week. I feel like I've tried every guide out there.
I think in most instances, my problem seems to be grub. Hopefully anyone can shed some light on how I can get this working.

I've tried creating raid arrays using mdadm from a live cd prior to installing. During the install grub fails to install then the installer crashes. I am attempting this with I believe
the latest stable 13.0 Gotham. I've been trying to use boot-repair to try and reinstall grub using different scenerios. Here's a paste of the config http://paste.ubuntu.com/7836268/
Keep in mind this is when I attempted to create the raid array prior to installing.

Another method I used, which I prefer since I can actually use xbmc is to attempt to create a raid 1 after I've done the install. However, I can never get it to boot. One of the guides I was
using was http://www.michielovertoom.com/linux/ubu...ware-raid/ when I reboot, it fails to find /dev/md0 and I'm hit with an initramfs prompt at which point everything locks up.
When I try to do anything with initramfs I'm hit with errors like this
Code:
WARNING: missing /lib/modules/3.14.2-amdfixes5+
depmod: ERROR: could not open directory /lib/modules/3.14.2-amdfixes5+: No such file or directory
depmod: WARNING: could not open /tmp/mkinitramfs_naVV4L/lib/modules/3.14.2-amdfixes5+/modules.order: No such file or directory
I tried getting around it by using symlinks, as the default out of the box is I think running 3.13.2-generic. But with no luck. I've tried the usual apt-get update, upgrade, dist-upgrade as well.

It really annoys me that Ubuntu removed the functionality to create a raid during the install. So I decided to try Debian. I setup the raid no problem during the install Wizard and was able to
get Xbmc running on it. However, there were a bunch of driver issues that I didn't feel like dealing with.

Xmbc runs like a charm with the Xbmcuntu, I just can't get my raid to work!

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Software raid 10