• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]
(2014-12-01, 03:48)flhthemi Wrote: Man I can't believe I just found this fantastic skin! It is great and I'm switching all my devices over to it from Hybrid and Confluence Customizable!

Is it possible to add video nodes as submenu items so I can access my Playon media server via Kodi?

Great job mate! Keep it up!

Hi flhthemi.

Thanks a bunch - that's really great to hear Smile

Can you add your video nodes as a favourite and add that favourite as a custom submenu?

Cheers
Gade
(2014-12-01, 04:43)Gade Wrote:
(2014-12-01, 03:48)flhthemi Wrote: Man I can't believe I just found this fantastic skin! It is great and I'm switching all my devices over to it from Hybrid and Confluence Customizable!

Is it possible to add video nodes as submenu items so I can access my Playon media server via Kodi?

Great job mate! Keep it up!

Hi flhthemi.

Thanks a bunch - that's really great to hear Smile

Can you add your video nodes as a favourite and add that favourite as a custom submenu?

Cheers
Gade

I tried adding PlayOn by going to Files and then selecting PlayOn from the UPNP list. This is very, very slow. So I tried using File Manager and adding it as a source. Same result. Way to slow accessing the server for practical use. Using Gotham on other devices and accessing it as a video node (Hybrid skin) it is very fast. I assume a video node is faster than adding a server as a file source.

This is the only way I can think of to add it as a Favourite...show me the light! As I'm stumped and I really like this skin a lot!
(2014-12-01, 17:55)flhthemi Wrote: I tried adding PlayOn by going to Files and then selecting PlayOn from the UPNP list. This is very, very slow. So I tried using File Manager and adding it as a source. Same result. Way to slow accessing the server for practical use. Using Gotham on other devices and accessing it as a video node (Hybrid skin) it is very fast. I assume a video node is faster than adding a server as a file source.

This is the only way I can think of to add it as a Favourite...show me the light! As I'm stumped and I really like this skin a lot!

Sounds to me like a good approach.

Add the video node you have created as a favourite using the context menu. Use this favourite in Rapier's skin settings when creating custom submenu items.

You can find a detailed guide to Rapier's skin settings on the wiki.

For custom categories look in Category Menu -> Add more categories
For custom submenus look in Categoey Submenu -> Music / Videos / Movies / TV Shows / Programs / Pictures / General / Live TV / Custom Category 1-16

If you have any questions after reading this, don't hesitate to ask Smile
Got a small problem, I share my favourites.xml from a NAS device. When I add a submenu item for Favourites it accesses the NAS favourites.xml. When I want to add a favourited ITEM from favourites.xml the skin gets the local favourites.xml file. Shouldn't it be getting what advancedsettings.xml defines as the favourites.xml file location ALL the time?
Actually it's the script.favourites being used for the custom categories and custom submenus. Maybe the script is ignoring the advancedsettings.xml file and only using the local favourites.xml file.

I'll ask around in the forums.
(2014-12-02, 02:40)flhthemi Wrote: Got a small problem, I share my favourites.xml from a NAS device. When I add a submenu item for Favourites it accesses the NAS favourites.xml. When I want to add a favourited ITEM from favourites.xml the skin gets the local favourites.xml file. Shouldn't it be getting what advancedsettings.xml defines as the favourites.xml file location ALL the time?

I have asked in the appropiate thread, but it seems there's no real solution to this other than using the local favourites.xml

You can read the thread here.
Strange that I've never noticed this before until I used this skin....I read the thread an I'm not doubting anyone's answer...just never experienced this until Rapier.
Different skins use different approaches to custom categories/submenus than using script.favourites. Some skins use script.skinshortcuts instead, but switching to this script in Rapier would break everyones custom categories/submenus.

I will try to see if I can simplify the code, maybe not using script.favourites, although I doubt it very much.
OK...that reply explains it all. Sorry I'm a little thick headed at times. See I didnt realize there was a script involved at all for favourites, thought it was built in to Kodi.

Once again I'm enlightened and my day is a success because I learned something. Smile
Haha, no worries at all Smile

Favourites are a built in part of Kodi - no script needed for that.

The script is needed for skins to access and use the favourites for different purposes Smile

Glad to help!
Just two quick questions about movie sets.

Is it possible to change the poster shown on the main sets page? I didn't see any option in the context menu. It is showing a poster from a specific movie in the set and I'd like to use something more generic for each set.

Would it be possible to add the sets to the main movie library window? Like, if scrolling through the "S" movies, it would show the Star Trek Collection as a single poster, but then show the set view if chosen. The sets sub-menu is great, but I miss having all the movies in the main movie view.
(2014-12-07, 01:38)Thales Wrote: Just two quick questions about movie sets.

Is it possible to change the poster shown on the main sets page? I didn't see any option in the context menu. It is showing a poster from a specific movie in the set and I'd like to use something more generic for each set.

Hi Thales.

I don't really use movie sets, but I'll try to guide anyway.

Select the movie set and open the context menu. Choose "Manage..." and "Choose Art". In this dialog you can select the poster and fanart for the movie set.

(2014-12-07, 01:38)Thales Wrote: Would it be possible to add the sets to the main movie library window? Like, if scrolling through the "S" movies, it would show the Star Trek Collection as a single poster, but then show the set view if chosen. The sets sub-menu is great, but I miss having all the movies in the main movie view.

Go to Settings -> Videos and enable "Group Movies in Sets". Now it should work in the regular movie library.

Hope this helps Smile
Thanks Gade. What quick service!

I found the trouble with the poster art. I wasn't getting the "manage" option in the context menu. Once you told me it should be there, I switched to a different skin, switched back, and it showed up. So all is well now.

Not exactly sure about the other one though. I have the "group movies in sets" option chosen, but they still aren't showing up in the movie view. I checked it in MQ5 and I could see them. Switched back to Rapier and I couldn't. Even tried to refresh one of the movies in a set to see if that got the set to show up. Didn't work. So I'm not sure what's going.

Not that big of a deal though. At least the sets are still available in the sub-menu. Thanks for adding that. I have a lot of movie sets and it really helps to have them all together again.
(2014-12-07, 02:41)Thales Wrote: Not exactly sure about the other one though. I have the "group movies in sets" option chosen, but they still aren't showing up in the movie view. I checked it in MQ5 and I could see them. Switched back to Rapier and I couldn't. Even tried to refresh one of the movies in a set to see if that got the set to show up. Didn't work. So I'm not sure what's going.

Not that big of a deal though. At least the sets are still available in the sub-menu. Thanks for adding that. I have a lot of movie sets and it really helps to have them all together again.

You don't see the movie sets in the regular movie library? That's very weird as it's working perfectly in my end. Are you sorting by title and viewing all videos (not just unwatched or watched)?

Are you using Rapier 6.3.1 with XBMC 13.x? Which view do you use?

Btw, thanks for bringing this up. I see that I can improve some things regarding movie sets.
Ok, I feel a little foolish. It finally dawned on me why the movie sets weren't showing up in Rapier while they were in other skins. I recently reinstalled Kodi and I forgot I was no longer using smart playlists in the other skins. Just in Rapier. Set up a smart movie playlist in MQ5 and sure enough, the sets disappeared.

So it was a Kodi issue all along. Took out the movie smart list it is all working now. Big Grin
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]1