• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]
Hi Feyla.

Maybe you need to do a force refresh of the repo.

If you select Get Add-ons and bring up the context menu of the XBMC Add-ons repository and select Refresh, after a while you should be able to see all add-ons available in XBMC Gotham.

Hope this helps.
(2014-10-19, 20:17)Gade Wrote: Hi Feyla.

Maybe you need to do a force refresh of the repo.

If you select Get Add-ons and bring up the context menu of the XBMC Add-ons repository and select Refresh, after a while you should be able to see all add-ons available in XBMC Gotham.

Hope this helps.

That worked, thanks!
Tried Rapier for the first time tonight and I'm really liking it. The option to hide the star ratings is great. I haven't seen that option before in a skin and I find them so distracting. Wish the ratings as a whole can be removed, but this is a nice option since that isn't possible.

I've been getting everything set up and have four quick questions.

1. Is there a way to add a "Movie Sets" sub-menu to a custom menu? I saw all the other movie sub-menu items like genre, year, etc., but no "Movie Sets."

2. Is there a way to choose a main menu item as the starting place on each start up? Like have it on TV each time Kodi launches.

3. Love the support for VideoExtras, but how can I get it to show the "plot"? I copied the .nfo file from the VideoExtras wiki and put it in the folder with the extras. The extras themselves show up fine and I can play them. The space for the plot is empty though. I tried clearing the database cache and turning the "cache on startup" on and off. The plot just isn't showing up. I saw capfuturo got it working, so hopefully I'm missing something simple.

4. Just wondering if the transparency of the main menu bar and top menu bar is a quick edit of a value in one of the skin files. I was hoping I could increase it a bit so more of the background image shows though.

Got everything else working great. It will be just about perfect for me if I can get these figured out.
Hi Thales.

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate all the feedback.

(2014-11-09, 12:34)Thales Wrote: 1. Is there a way to add a "Movie Sets" sub-menu to a custom menu? I saw all the other movie sub-menu items like genre, year, etc., but no "Movie Sets."

I have added movie sets and movie tags to the presets when adding custom categories or submenus. This will be available in the next update.

For now, what you can do is enter the movie library and add the movie sets as a favourite. Add this favourite as a custom submenu.

(2014-11-09, 12:34)Thales Wrote: 2. Is there a way to choose a main menu item as the starting place on each start up? Like have it on TV each time Kodi launches.

This is not possible to do in the skin settings.

But all default categories can be added as a custom category - including all panels, submenus etc. So you can disable the appropiate categories and add custom categories until the order is as you like.

(2014-11-09, 12:34)Thales Wrote: 3. Love the support for VideoExtras, but how can I get it to show the "plot"? I copied the .nfo file from the VideoExtras wiki and put it in the folder with the extras. The extras themselves show up fine and I can play them. The space for the plot is empty though. I tried clearing the database cache and turning the "cache on startup" on and off. The plot just isn't showing up. I saw capfuturo got it working, so hopefully I'm missing something simple.

The plot should be working by default for VideoExtras add-on - both Jav and I have tested it. It can be enabled or disabled in the VideoExtras menubar (make sure you haven't disabled it on accident). I'm not absolutely familiar with the inner workings of the addon, so maybe this is a question for the add-on developer instead?

(2014-11-09, 12:34)Thales Wrote: 4. Just wondering if the transparency of the main menu bar and top menu bar is a quick edit of a value in one of the skin files. I was hoping I could increase it a bit so more of the background image shows though.

You can adjust the transparency of the menubar in line 9 of includes_MenuBar.xml
You can adjust the transparency of the top menu bar in line 136 and 143 of includes.xml

Just be aware that these edits are overridden next time the skin is updated.

Hope this helps! Smile
Thanks for the quick feedback Gade, specially for the transparency details. That was really the last little tweak I needed.

No worries about VideoExtras. The plot isn't that big of a deal. I'm happy enough just having the Extras button on the main page. Was using Aeon Nox for a while and hated how it was hidden in a sub-menu.

The update with the movie sets will finish it off and then I'll finally be done messing with skins. Thanks for that!
Sounds great - always happy to help Smile

Regarding the movie sets submenu: for now you can use the fix above until the next version of Rapier is released.
Gade:

Would you consider making your skin compatible with script.metadata.actors?

Thanks
Hi Edworld.

Yes, at some point. I myself could use that add-on in Rapier Smile

It's on a very long to-do-list, but it's not a top priority at the moment.

Which version of metadata.actors do you use?
Gade,

I use version 0.9.7 of script.metadata.actor

Personally I think it is a great add-on and comes very handy when you see an actor and can't remember what movies he/she's done.

Thanks for looking into it
A new update is available. This update includes bugfixing and new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Rapier 6.3.1 is available through the official XBMC repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

Translation of the skin is now handled on Transifex. A huge thanks to all the translators for the great work - it's really appreciated!

I encourage everyone to switch to OpenWeatherMap Extended weather add-on as it is fully supported by Rapier. Weather Underground add-on is no longer supported and marked as broken.

CHANGELOG
Code:
6.3.1 (20-Nov-14)
- Navigation changes.
- Changed zorder of numeric dialog.

6.3.0 (18-Nov-14)
- Fixed keyboard dialog to be on top when subtitles dialog is visible.
- Fixes for extended progress dialog when media is scanning.
- Updated screenshots.
- Skin Settings: Created seperate "Animations" and "Weather" categories to make the skin settings easier to navigate.
- Update of language strings.
- Changed List Info View posters, thumbs and banners throughout the skin to be more in style with the design.
- Added onclick function to video information directors button.
- Added IMDb Top 250 info to movie information window.
- Redesign, bugfixing and update of movie information, tv show information, music video information, episode information windows.
- Redesign, bugfixing and update of add-on information, album information, artist information windows.
- Added movie sets and tags to the presets of the custom categories and custom submenus.
- Added view option to display the title (artist/track etc.) on the top bar in the music library.
- Movie / TV Show library: pressing right or down on the scroll bar in certain views, plays the trailer for the focused item.
- Removed support for Weather Underground and added full support for OpenWeatherMap Extended.

6.2.1 (11-Oct-2014)
------------------------
- Updated language files from Transifex. (Big thanks to alanwww1)

- Redesign, bugfixing and update of movie information window with added IMDb Top 250 info.

- Redesign, bugfixing and update of tv show information windows (here using tv show banners).

ENJOY!
Thanks for adding top250, your skin is very clean
Hi all.

Rapier skin has now been added to the official Kodi 14.x Helix repo.

Please don't hesitate to try it out and report any bugs etc. you find in the official thread.

Visit this thread for more info.
why is it that each update overwrites custom text images and edits??
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
(2014-11-27, 10:29)Furby8704 Wrote: why is it that each update overwrites custom text images and edits??

Hi Furby8704.

All xml code is overwritten with each update to always use the most recent code. Else the updates would be pointless - XBMC does this with all skins and add-ons. If you have custom code you would like to backup, I recommend copying the contents of the skin.rapier folder to a separate folder next to the original (perhaps called skin.rapier.backup) and editing the addon.xml in this folder to use a different addon id. This way you can easily copy your custom code into the updated skin.rapier xml files.

Unfortunately you will also have to copy the custom text images (or keep them somewhere else) and genre icons - but that should not take very long. Or if you think other people could use your custom text images, I can include them in the skin.

I definately encourage you to keep skin.rapier updated at all times Smile

Hope this helps.
Christian
Man I can't believe I just found this fantastic skin! It is great and I'm switching all my devices over to it from Hybrid and Confluence Customizable!

Is it possible to add video nodes as submenu items so I can access my Playon media server via Kodi?

Great job mate! Keep it up!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]1