• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]
(2014-08-24, 14:30)Gade Wrote: Hi pball.

Yeah, it's a known bug.

Unfortunately I didn't write the code for the custom categories, so it takes a while figuring out. I will give it some more attention as soon as possible.

The ",return" command is needed to return the user directly to the home screen from the current window. If it doesn't exist, some windows will take several click to get back to the home screen. The double command though is definately an error.

What happens if you manually edit the string leaving only 1 ",return" command?

Leaving a single return causes it to go to the video library page and not the favorites location.
...Without music playing Rapier doesn't block VideoExtras from showing the fanart:
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-08-24, 23:12)capfuturo Wrote: Good evening Christian,

Turning the music off fixes the issue on both screens, info and extras list. After applying the patches and turning on the music again, only the info screen keeps the image, whilst the extras list brings in the black background again. Furthermore, returning to the info screen as one exits from the extras list doesn't show the fanart anymore and the black background prevails. Only exiting into the video library view resets things so the fanart can be seen again in the information screen. Does this help? Wink

Jav

Hi Jav.

This is absolutely very helpful and detailed - exactly what I need Smile

I am not at home at the moment, so I really can't test this out. But this patch should fix both issues.

Christian

(2014-08-24, 23:50)pball Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 14:30)Gade Wrote: Hi pball.

Yeah, it's a known bug.

Unfortunately I didn't write the code for the custom categories, so it takes a while figuring out. I will give it some more attention as soon as possible.

The ",return" command is needed to return the user directly to the home screen from the current window. If it doesn't exist, some windows will take several click to get back to the home screen. The double command though is definately an error.

What happens if you manually edit the string leaving only 1 ",return" command?

Leaving a single return causes it to go to the video library page and not the favorites location.

Ok, thanks. That means that it's broken when using it that way. I will look further into it Smile

(2014-08-22, 23:24)schumi2004 Wrote: @Gade did you test LiveTV setup already?

Hi schumi2004.

I'm not much at home at the moment, but will look into this and test it out as soon as I can Smile

Thanks again for helping out!

Christian
(2014-08-25, 20:45)Gade Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 23:12)capfuturo Wrote: Good evening Christian,

Turning the music off fixes the issue on both screens, info and extras list. After applying the patches and turning on the music again, only the info screen keeps the image, whilst the extras list brings in the black background again. Furthermore, returning to the info screen as one exits from the extras list doesn't show the fanart anymore and the black background prevails. Only exiting into the video library view resets things so the fanart can be seen again in the information screen. Does this help? Wink

Jav

Hi Jav.

This is absolutely very helpful and detailed - exactly what I need Smile

I am not at home at the moment, so I really can't test this out. But this patch should fix both issues.

Christian

Hello Christian,

No worries! I just tried the new patch and guess we are closer but not there yet! Big Grin Whilst TvTunes is playing movie themes black background still there in extras list screen, however the fanart is only shown right after playing an extra! Exiting towards info screen and then back into the extras list screen brings the black background again, as per below:
Black background in extras list screen

Movie fanart in extras list screen after playing an extra:
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-08-25, 23:32)capfuturo Wrote: Hello Christian,

No worries! I just tried the new patch and guess we are closer but not there yet! Big Grin Whilst TvTunes is playing movie themes black background still there in extras list screen, however the fanart is only shown right after playing an extra! Exiting towards info screen and then back into the extras list screen brings the black background again, as per below:
Black background in extras list screen

Hi Jav.

I tried a different approach. It seems that TV Tunes is conflicting a bit with Rapier, but this patch should absolutely fix it. Now I just use a regular fanart image instead of Rapier's different background options.

Download the patch here.

Thanks for testing out!

Christian
Hi Christian,

That last patch has fixed the standing issue indeed! Working perfect now Laugh

I noticed during playback there is a reference to 'overview' with a N/A. Is it possible to show the plot right there as well? (image below)
Best,

capfuturo

(2014-08-27, 15:16)capfuturo Wrote: Hi Christian,

That fixed it! Working perfect now

Wow, you answer fast! Big Grin

Great to hear. I will include the fixes in the next update.

Christian
(2014-08-27, 15:16)capfuturo Wrote: I noticed during playback there is a reference to 'overview' with a N/A. Is it possible to show the plot right there as well?

Hi Jav.

That would require Video Extras to set the plot for $INFO[VideoPlayer.Plot] - as far as I know it only sets the plot for $INFO[ListItem.Plot]? Does this work in other skins?
Can you consider making unwatched indicator's instead of watched?? Like the one in plex , so when you have almost 80-90% watched movies/episodes it look so much cleaner + it's very easy to see how many episodes for example are unwatched (xperience for example work this way). Current indicator is very unreadable. It's the only thing I don't like so far about this great skin!

Example:
(2014-08-29, 10:46)gonzolak Wrote: Can you consider making unwatched indicator's instead of watched?? Like the one in plex , so when you have almost 80-90% watched movies/episodes it look so much cleaner + it's very easy to see how many episodes for example are unwatched (xperience for example work this way). Current indicator is very unreadable. It's the only thing I don't like so far about this great skin!

Thanks for the nice words!

I have actually already added unwatched indicators for a lot of views in tv shows and will add more in the future. This will be available from the next update.

But the watched indicators will stay Smile

Which view do you use? If you have requests for specific views, please let me know.
There was once a long ago a good PR for such things https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2254 closed real shame.
(2014-08-29, 15:46)uNiversal Wrote: There was once a long ago a good PR for such things https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2254 closed real shame.

Yeah, that would be great!

So far I have added it like this:

List Info 3 View will be added to tv shows in the next update:

In the List Info View it only displays when sorting by title:
(2014-08-27, 18:57)Gade Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 15:16)capfuturo Wrote: I noticed during playback there is a reference to 'overview' with a N/A. Is it possible to show the plot right there as well?

Hi Jav.

That would require Video Extras to set the plot for $INFO[VideoPlayer.Plot] - as far as I know it only sets the plot for $INFO[ListItem.Plot]? Does this work in other skins?

Seems Rob's got new sourdough loaf out of the oven again! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1783647
Best,

capfuturo

(2014-08-29, 16:52)capfuturo Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 18:57)Gade Wrote:

Hi Jav.

Seems Rob's got new sourdough loaf out of the oven again! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1783647
Hi Jav.

Haha, that was fast!

Really cool. Am I right that this will not require changes in skin code from skinners? Did you test out Rob's patch and see the plot in Rapier's fullscreen video info dialog?
(2014-08-29, 17:06)Gade Wrote:
(2014-08-29, 16:52)capfuturo Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 18:57)Gade Wrote: Hi Jav.

Hi Jav.

Haha, that was fast!

Really cool. Am I right that this will not require changes in skin code from skinners? Did you test out Rob's patch and see the plot in Rapier's fullscreen video info dialog?
Hi Christian,

Your suggestion, implemented on revision r487 by Rob, works like a charm and yes, there's no need to do anything else to display the plots on the play overlay than having the skin supporting the label; yours does it (screenshot below). As a side line, do you know what the double N/A refer to? Cheers, Jav
Best,

capfuturo

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 6.6.15 for XBMC 13.x Gotham [DEPRECATED]1