Win Help! My TV provider needs TV Card
I am having a HTPC and I wand to watch tv on it, but it needs kind of a "license" card. The problem is that I need a Tv card with card slot.
You might not need a tuner card with CI, there might be software solutions for reading your "license" card, depending on what tv software you plan to use, and what type of "license" card you have. Maybe all you need is a cheap usb cardreader.

Some countries and many providers consider this illegial way of using your (license) subscription card. And thus discussion of how to do this is not welcome on this forum.
I am using Canal Digital in Norway. The card has a picture and a chip, that is all I know. I am planning to use NextPVR and XBMC 13.1 Gotham.
You'll not be able to get any help here since discussing the most common solutions is against the rules.
But the kind of thing you need to search for is "conditional access module"
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
especially Canal Digital is a good choice for this kind of thing since they actually welcome us to do this, they even sell their own CAM module, you should be able to find this on their website.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! My TV provider needs TV Card0