Alpha 14.0 - PVR Windows Don't Work Since Upgrade
Hope this is in the right place but do not know for sure what's causing the problem.

XBMC updated today to the 14.0 Alpha 1 release but since then no PVR related window will open.

I was using Aeon Nox 5 (not sure if this updated also but reporting version 5.5.0) with no mods and now when choosing Live TV / EPG / Recordings / Timer all I get is a blank screen. XBMC doesn't crash and hitting back on the remote returns to the menu window. However, in Confluence skin all Live tv pvr windows work fine. Assuming a problem with Aeon Nox i deleted the skin folder and the shortcuts setting in user add on data and reinstalled with no luck. I've also tried several other skins - Amber/ reFocus / Maximinimalism with the same results.

Is this something to do with the Helix skinning framework i've subsequently read about and changes to the pvr windows and how it handles them? Could it be to do with the actual TV card front end app? I'm using TV headend on Linux 64bit. I would be surprised if it is this as it does work in Confluence and in the options all channels are listed fine under channel manager and reporting being pickup up from the backend.

Is there something else when deleting skins I still need to remove to force a clean install again? I only ask as when reinstalling Aeon Nox 5 although deleting the folder and shortcuts settings inside user data it still presented me with my main menu items as I had altered them before. i.e Not showing some shortcuts I had hidden previously on my setup so its still picking up some old setting somewhere that may provide a lead.
No skin except Confluence will currently work with PVR.
Wait till they update
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-07-22, 21:21)Martijn Wrote: No skin except Confluence will currently work with PVR.
Wait till they update

Oh right, thanks for the headsup, at least i know its nothing sinister and I shall patiently wait! I'd searched all over for similar problems relating to skins and helix and whatnot and this is first i've heard of no other skins working with pvr on the latest version.
(2014-07-22, 21:40)TheYetiWakes Wrote:
(2014-07-22, 21:21)Martijn Wrote: No skin except Confluence will currently work with PVR.
Wait till they update

Oh right, thanks for the headsup, at least i know its nothing sinister and I shall patiently wait! I'd searched all over for similar problems relating to skins and helix and whatnot and this is first i've heard of no other skins working with pvr on the latest version.

follow this link to activate PVR on XBMC http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Live_TV

i was facing the same problem until i found out the solution here.
For now only Confluence, Aeon Nox, Transparency! and Conq have been updated for Helix and are in repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alpha 14.0 - PVR Windows Don't Work Since Upgrade0