Win XP
Hi, I installed XBMC Frodo 12.3 on my desktop with OS Windows XP, I'm still loyal to XP!.

The audio is distorted, the Volume and Volume amplification controls are inoperative.

The main Audio output device is: SB 5.1, DirectSound: SB 5.1, there are two other devices: Audio device, DirectSound: Apowersoft and Modem # 1 Line playback (emulated), SB 5.1, DirectSound: SB 5.1.

The "Passthrough output device" is greyed out and says: "Error: No device found".

The Audio output is set to "Analog". Speaker configuration set to 2.1.

Please help !
Willie
Hi Willie, guess you must be paid for your loyalty or they're giving cheques out at MS for XP users? The latest iteration of XBMC (Gotham) no longer supports XP and I doubt any of the devs will drop in and offers fixes. I think the last reliable XP run was with XBMC Dharma, although certain versions or builds (betas of Frodo) did support XP to some degree.

I personally have\ an older (12 years old single core AMD Barton machine) and boy was I surprised how well the latest version of XBMC ran under a linux build, everything worked... smooth as silk, although some 1080p videos were challenging.

Guess you know what I'm going to say next!
Hi Pat, Yes i get it.. I think it's time to break up with XP! May Bedrock MS forgive me for that!

I'll go for Windows 7 pro I guess... thanks for the reply man..
yes Pat Give it up

I was xbmc xp man

I took the Leap and got XBMCbuntu took a backup of my USERDATA as i have MYSQL on and other computer under the house

put on XBMCbuntu on with a clean instill me HAPPY camper login as a user put the BACKUP USERDATA in its right place
rebooted it and PRAYED after some time it started up ( I think it slow because it was rebuild the SQL tables).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XP0