no audio passthrough on android kitkat 4.4
Hi i have a new Nuvola NP-1 UHD 4k streamer box that won't allow me to pass through audio. When i do set it to pass-through I get tons of static. Other wise im stuck with 2 channel PCM. When i use the native media player app, i can get DTS.

In my Audio options, it does not detect my receiver. Is there a way to manually set this or something?

. Image
What version of XBMC does it come with?

Try the SMPC version

http://spmc.semperpax.com/
13.1, I'll give that version a try. Thanks
Let us know if it works.
(2014-07-22, 22:43)grambo Wrote: Hi i have a new Nuvola NP-1 UHD 4k streamer box that won't allow me to pass through audio. When i do set it to pass-through I get tons of static. Other wise im stuck with 2 channel PCM. When i use the native media player app, i can get DTS.

In my Audio options, it does not detect my receiver. Is there a way to manually set this or something?

On Android it's not going to detect your AVR, it will always only say "android, audiotrack", no matter what version of XBMC (or fork) you use.

If your getting static when attempting to pass-through audio (especially if your using an older Denon) , when you begin playback, manually switch the decode mode on your AVR.

If you do have a Denon, then switch the decode mode to DTS, then back to "Auto". If you don't have a Denon, try the same thing if your AVR has that option.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Gotcha. Well spmc did the same thing. I also tried to change the audio decode mode but it didn't make any differences. Just varying levels of static. I also swapped the hdmi cable just in case.

Btw it's a pioneer elite vsx 53
You should also probably have a box system setting to setup the audio, like "HDMI passthrough" or something...
I thought i posted earlier but i guess not. The box by default does hdmi pass through for audio. I can use the default media player ES player and get DTS on the same source material. But of course the other media players leave a lot to be desired. I can't think of anything else to do to troubleshoot this issue. I'm going to end up pulling this box out and putting my popcorn hour box back in and return the NP1 box. So if there is anything else you guys can think of to fix this audio issue that would be greatly appreciated.
any other sugguestions?
You could try power cycling the AVR. Start a movie (with pass-through enabled), then power off/on your AVR.

You might also want to post a debug log. It may or may not reveal something, but wouldn't hurt to post it anyway.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
i ended up sending back the media streamer and going back to nmj Sad i wish this could of worked.

thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no audio passthrough on android kitkat 4.40