Ipad xbmc to smart tv
Hi

I looking for some advice on whether this will work or any better ideas.

I want xbmc on jail broke ipad 2 linking my library on my 4tb WD my cloud so I can browse my library and then airplay (or DLNA) it to my smart tv.

Equipment am using

Ipad 2
Airplay/DLNA hdmi dongle
Samsung smart tv F Series smart hub ( built in wifi).
WD 4tb my cloud.

So basically the ipad will be the middle man between my cloud and my tv. Which I think would be a cool way to use xbmc
Depending on the Smart TV (and/or DLNA dongle), this should work quite well. Some DLNA/UPnP clients have issues, and some TVs don't support all file formats, so it's hard to say. I would search the internet to see how well your specific TV handles being a DLNA (or UPnP) target for various programs, not just XBMC, so you can get more feedback from more users.

The iPad should be able to use XBMC's "Play with" feature to send the video, which would be better than AirPlay, since it will use less bandwidth.

If your TV or dongle has issues, you could also use a Raspberry Pi as a simple DLNA/UPnP target. Even if you don't want to use the Pi itself as a media player, it could simply be a target receiver.
Thanks for the reply

I looked into getting a raspberry pi but I want to keep thinking as simple as possible. Plus if I buy an ipad Instead I will get much more use

Might be going abit off topic but My tv has all share cast/mirroring built in which is DLNA I think. Once the ipad is jailbroke will it support all share cast ? Do I need an app from cydia ?

Will do my research on my tv but I am optimistic as it plays all my media straight from Wd my cloud no problem but the way it display my library is so basic compared to xbmc. Plus I had my girlfriend iPad mini play wireless to tv with YouTube. So finger crossed.
Update I tried the play using feature from my laptop on xbmc streaming to my tv from WD my cloud and it work perfectly thanks. There is no option for play using on the video add ons, is it possible play using on addons ?
I'm honestly not sure. It could depend on the add-on, but I don't think anyone has really looked into it that much yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ipad xbmc to smart tv0