Chromebox upgrade
My Chromebox ran out of space and reverted to the default skin. I tried to do a restore, and OpenElec said I didn't have enough space. I had to delete a bunch of backups and covers to get it to run again. To me, this means I probably need to upgrade from the 16MB internal space. 32 should be fine. I have 1200 movies and about 5000 episodes, and it finally maxed.

If I do so, will I have to setup everything again? I figured I could just move my xbmc settings in through a sd card, but WILL my Openelec info still be there? Does my Chromebox load the OS from the drive? I just want to avoid loading anything from a sd card, because it was a pain to setup from the original setup.

I'd use this, right?
http://www.amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-Super...GFF%29+SSD

Thanks for the input!
That SSD should work just fine in the ASUS Chromebox.
Sweet. 1 down. Now, will swapping it wipe out all my gear? I don't mind rescanning and tossing my xbmc settings in, but I don't want to setup OE and mess with wiping or finding the Chrome OS again...
(2014-07-23, 04:59)McButton Wrote: Sweet. 1 down. Now, will swapping it wipe out all my gear? I don't mind rescanning and tossing my xbmc settings in, but I don't want to setup OE and mess with wiping or finding the Chrome OS again...

- backup OE settings
- copy backup file to PC/USB/whatever
- install new SSD

then

assuming you are running OE standalone w/coreboot firmware:
- install OE from USB created from OE download
- restore OE/XBMC settings from backup file

if you're running a dual-boot setup:
- restore ChromeOS using google recovery media
- install OE dual-boot using my script
- restore OE/XBMC settings from backup file
Good deal. Dang you, 16gb. Why are you so small? I may just fight it out...but I feel like I'll have the problem again.

I'm OE only. Well I need to mess with chrome settings at all, or is it good? OE installs in minutes from a stick.
(2014-07-23, 19:29)McButton Wrote: Good deal. Dang you, 16gb. Why are you so small? I may just fight it out...but I feel like I'll have the problem again.

I'm OE only. Well I need to mess with chrome settings at all, or is it good? OE installs in minutes from a stick.

ChromeOS is completely gone. Just install OE like on any other PC
Algebraic!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox upgrade0