Database on NAS -> NAS won't hibernate
Hi there,

as the subject says, I have my Database on a Synology NAS. Unfortunately ever since I set that up, the NAS will no longer go to sleep. I was wondering if there is a setting I may be missing or if that is just the way it is...

XBMC (Raspbmc specificially) is running on a Raspberry Pi which is always on. But as long as nobody is using it, there shouldn't need to be an active connection to the DB, should there?

P.S. I tested by unplugging the Pi from the network -> the NAS will go to sleep again, so it is definitely the XBMC install that is responsible. It was the same with OpenELEC, so apparently it's not due to the distribution but XBMC itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile
Thanks.
I have seen a post about this in the past, I dont have a synology but I have a NAS (unRaid) and I use openelec on my pi and my NAS sleeps when I am away. to troubleshoot you want to start with some debug to figure out what is communicating with your NAS. My best suggestion would be some tcpdump utility and see whats hitting the network causing your synology to not sleep.

Sorry I don't have an answer but the solution will require some troubleshooting to solve.
יונתן בן-חיים
In general I think we close the connection when its no longer needed. However that might not always be obvious when we retain the connection. For example if your in the library window it may keep a connection open until you back out, atleast IIRC.

And it might be a bug Smile I'd check the logs of mysql and see if we have open connection
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Database on NAS -> NAS won't hibernate0