3D Media Tag
While familiarizing myself with some of the functions in Gotham, 3D stuff to be specific, I created a problem I cant seem to resolve. Most of my movies now show the 3D media tag even though they are not 3D movies. I have tried turning off all the stereoscopic settings and even select "None" in the pop-up menu for the movies themselves but I cannot get rid of the 3D tag. Has anyone seen this and/or is there a way to get rid of it without uninstalling the software and starting over?
Welcome to the forums.

Unless you added anything to the filenames of these files like it says in here 3D (wiki) and you are not using any random skin, then there is no reason for this to happen.

You could please pastebin a full Debug log (wiki) and screenshots to support your claim and help us, help you.
Here are the links to the logs. I would post screenshots but being a new guy, I'm not sure how its done.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=252649
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=252650

In my research I found a few interesting facts that might help. 1. When I play a new movie and then stop it, it doesn't immediately show the 3D tag. Only after a few seconds does it display. Once displayed however, there is no way to remove it. That tells me that its internal and not from embedded information of manual entry. 2. If I look at the movie information before playing it, "mono" shows up in the stereoscopic mode, but once the movie is played, "split_vertical" shows up for stereoscopic mode. 3. In Black Glass Nova, there is a pair of eyeglasses at the top when accessing the onscreen movie control. When I click on that, a menu pops up to select stereoscopic mode. It is stuck on Confusedide by side". Even when I try to select none, it defaults back to "side by side". These are all iso files and 3D shows up on anything I play.

I hope this information helps. If you can tell me how to post a screenshot, I will be happy to provide it. Thanks for the help.

One additional note...Under system settings, I verified that all the stereoscopic settings are set to "none".

Thanks again.
That behaviours of only getting streamdetails (resolution, media flags like 3D, codec, resolution, audio, etc) after playback is only with containers like ISO, which is what you are using, so that's not surprising, you either have ISO that have 3D files as well as 2D information on them and its picking it up or you dont know what you have. (you say they not).

When you playing the file press (o) and grab screenshot of that that will have some extra information. Its possible that its reading the 3D info from somewhere not immediately obvious to me, but now there are logs and others can look. Your second log link is sort of useless.

Sorry, I cant tell you how to post a screenshot on forums, however prntscreen on keyboard grabs a screenshot of xbmc screen you wish to grab.

Also if you are not already doing so, use the default skin Confluence only to make sure its not some 3rd party skin issue.
There are many sites where you can post your screenshots. I use tiny pics. After you upload the image just copy the url provided and post it here.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
OK, here is what I know...I tried the Confluence skin as well as one other and the problem followed. In frustration, I uninstalled XBMC from my PC and then reloaded it and linked my media back into the software. Problem solved. The 3D tag no longer shows up on any of the iso's (media), movie information only shows "mono" under stereoscopic mode and even the eyeglass icon in the onscreen movie control is greyed out so making a change there isn't even possible. I'm not sure what caused the problem to begin with but at this point I would have to say it's a glitch somewhere in Gotham 13.1. Not a real big deal and it certainly doesn't effect it's operation, so unless you're somewhat of a perfectionist like myself, it's probably not even worth the trouble of dealing with reloading everything should anyone run into the same problem.

Thanks for the assist.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Media Tag0