Raspberry Pi DOES NOT cost $35
(2014-07-25, 05:46)nickr Wrote: What a slogan: "The $35 plus power supply plus SD card plus HDMI cable plus keyboard plus mouse" computer LOL.

You can argue the same for any PC (although saying that, I've not got a mouse or keyboard connected to my Pi).

Any x86 device, particularly a NUC, will have similar - and generally more expensive - hidden costs (DDR3 SODIMM RAM, SDD/HDD, keyboard, mouse). But unlike the Pi, you're less likely to have these required components to hand in your "spares" drawer - DDR3 SODIMM RAM, 2.5" [SH]DD or even mSATA/mini-PCI Express? Oh yeah, everyone has those kinds of spares in a drawer (granted I do happen to have 7 x 2GB DDR3 SODIMMs lying around from a previous project, but I don't think that's particularly normal!) Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
thanks millhouse
(2014-07-25, 06:47)MediaPi Wrote: so unless you prove otherwise your statement is false.

I downloaded the USD/GBP exchange rates for the period 2011 to current from the US Federal Reserve.

Using the Fed Reserve historical FX rates, the USD/GBP annual averages for the last 3.5 years have been:
Code:
USD/GBP      £1       £21.60     £22.87

2011    $1.60430199   $34.65     $36.69
2012    $1.5853243    $34.24     $36.26
2013    $1.56416853   $33.79     $35.77
2014    $1.67348913   $36.18     $38.27

Increased FX volatility in 2014 has resulted in a USD equivalent price higher than when the product launched in 2012.

Now, distie gouging, I'm sure that's happening somewhere, but variances of a few USD are probably inevitable for a product priced in GBP.

Should the UK price fluctuate in order to keep the USD equivalent price constant at $35? That's a tough ask for any UK business. Just avoid RS would be my advice (I'd advise that anyway, irrespective of their pricing!) Smile

Edit: Doh, where'd your post go? Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hey Millhouse sorry I deleted my post since I didnt think it was going anywhere and didnt think you would see it LOL

Also about the RAM for the NUC, check ebay second hand prices, you can pick one up 1GB between £1-£1.5. Thats all you need for openelec, ofcourse you can get two sticks, but RAM is cheaper than anything!
I think its really annoying that in the us, mce electronics charges 10$ shipping for just one RPI when I live 50 miles from their distribution center. You know they are pocketing over half of that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi DOES NOT cost $350