Win Audio but no Video, frequent crashes
Hi,

My hardware consists of:

HP Proliant N54L Micro Server
6 GB RAM
8 TB HDD's
AMD Radeon HD 7450
IR Receiver

My media center was working perfectly with Frodo, and I'm fairly sure it was working pretty well with Gotham too until fairly recently. Now I'm running into problems watching videos (audio plays through speakers but the video doesn't start, it stays on whatever menu I started the video from), freezes when updatiing the library, freezes with certain addons processing, such as TV Catchup downloading TV Guide data (often getting stuck at 1%) and streaming apps such as BBC iPlayer and ITV Player getting stuck "bufering" when I am just trying to load the list of programmes, not even loading a show or Live TV itself.

It's not all of the time, but if I'm watching a few shows I'll tend to have to reboot between shows, or sometimes reboot several times in a row before I can get anything to load. I'd say the first time I noticed this was during the group stages of the World Cup while trying to stream BBC and ITV matches, prior to this I would say my media center was functioning perfectly.

I've tried XBMC 13, 13.1, 13.2 (both betas) and I've tried rolling back to Frodo, which worked a little better at first but the problems soon came back so I went back to Gotham 13.2 Beta 2. I've also tried updating my graphics card drivers, and the latest beta of Catalyst Control Center after the standard upgrade didn't help, no joy.

I'm considering switching to XBMCbuntu or Openelec if I can't resolve the issue, but I suspect it'd be quite a hassle to get it set up as well as I have it now with my RSS downloader, filebot, etc. So I'm hoping someone can help me find a solution.

Here is my most recent log file: xbmc.log

Thanks,

Jason
A couple more logs here:

xbmc.old.log
xbmc.log
You need to switch on DEBUG

Also for windows we need to have the dmp file which contains crash data.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I've turned on debugging now, I'll post a log the next time I experience a problem.

Where can I find the dmp files? There's none in my profile folder.

[edit] Here's the latest xbmc.log
I've disabled some add-ons (I suspected one of them might be the cause after seeing reference to a Memory Leak with one of the add-ons in a log file) and I've not experienced any of the crashes for a few days, so this seems to be sorted for now I hope.

I suspect the add-on at fault was Grab Fanart, but couldn't be sure without more testing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio but no Video, frequent crashes0