Having more than 1 Movie group in XBMC
Just wanted to run this by you all and see if anyone had an suggestions on whether this was possible.

So I have my Movies already setup on XBMC. I do have one other Video source that appears under "Videos". Its like a Screener folder. Movies that I will put there but don't neccessarily want to add to my main "MOVIES" section yet. Its just for myself and the family to set aside and watch later. Once we watch it. If it's something we really like. I will move it to the source that's designated for my MOVIES.

So here's the issue. If I set the "Screener" folder to have a scrapper of NONE. You can't convienantly access anything about the movie,. No Plot, No Trailers, actors, etc. If I do set the Screener folder to Scrape for MOvies. Ugh, then they show up in MOVIES and also in the Recently added Movies which I don't want.

So would there be anway to pull this off. Have my Screener folder scrape for movie content but not add tag it yet as a MOVIE?

Appreciate any help!.

Thanks
Can be done using custom video nodes, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_nodes
I guess the simple answer is to exclude path from library updates in the change content of the video folder (scraper). There is a number of ways to handle this issue, from select profiles to using only filemode with no library updates etc.

Here's what I do.

I'm one of those who puts most stuff in the library; but I do have a 'slush or download folder' that's outside the XBMC library sources. The trick is to find a skin (I use T! and love it for this feature) that supports a raw video mode button or menu from the homepage. I get to specify my download slush directory source in the skin, and I get a full listing of it's content outside the XBMC library, and still play them out; they will not have meta-data nor the watched status, but can include posters and fanart I often use this method for BBC documentaries, or my off-line TV show drive.

Others might have better work-arounds.
smart playlists (wiki).
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Smart playlists doesn't exclude the movies from the main library nodes.
It depends how you do it Wink

Using Aeon MQ5 for instance, I have a main menu entry for 'kids movies' and one just for 'movies'. Using smart playlists, the 'movies' library only shows my main content and none of the kids stuff. Conversely, the kids bit only shows kids movies. I also have a smart playlist for 'xmas' (currently disabled) that only contains xmas movies (obviously) but they don't show in either of the other two 'virtual library' views.

Assuming that you structure your directory set-up with this in mind, then by using "path contains" rules, its easy to implement
Favourites, add that source only as a favourite, and then just pull that source up.
Alternatively use the add-on super favourites.
Not only can you put your videos into sub folders, but it will display the icon for the folder.
The author says it will support fanart in the future as well.
So your top folder could be called “Other Videos” then a sub folder called “Cars” etc
I have done this for all my home movies.
Thank you all for the suggestions. Will this Add-on or any of the other things mentioned like Smart Playlists and setting up a source as a Favorite allow it to contain fanart, trailers, etc?

I have not tried the "Exclude from Library" yet.
Any of the suggestions allow you to have art, local or otherwise, excluding from library updates will also exclude it being added to library and dowloading metadata, art etc, and then this content is only available in file mode.
Can't really comment on the other suggestions as I haven't personally tried them, but when using a smart playlist (certainly with Aeon MQ5) I get fanart, discart, clearart/logo's, plot, media flags etc etc, exactly the same as if I was using the standard library view. I imagine other skins would work as well if they support all the art etc

It appears to all intents and purposes, that there are two completely separate libraries running on my machine, when in fact, they're just auto-generated sub-sets of the complete library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having more than 1 Movie group in XBMC0