• 1(current)
Release TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
Image Scraper for TV Shows

Site used: https://www.themoviedb.org/
Status: BROKEN as at 25 June 2022. Fails to scrape first episodes or first seasons, particularly when there is only a single season for the TV show. Switch to TMDB TV Shows Python scraper

This is to announce that finally we decided to push scudlee's excellent work on the initial support for scraping TV Shows from themoviedb.org. It should get available via the addon manager in a couple of hours.

About
TheMovieDB scraper for TV Shows is the default scraper (wiki) for TV Shows used by KODI. (It replaced TheTVDB during Nov 2018)
The scraper relies on matching your TV Show folder name to TV Show titles at TheMovieDB site. Episodes are matched on the Season/Episode numbering of your filename. (S01E01)

This scraper will download the following:
Artwork: Thumbs for episodes, tv show fanart, tv show Banner, tv show Poster and season posters.
Metadata: Numerous.

Guides
The following links may assist with setting up your library:
How to Create your Video Library (wiki)

Troubleshooting
Solutions to common scraping problems (wiki)
Read Me before posting in this thread

Release Notes

v3.5.8 19 Nov 2020
- Fix bad data when there is no overview in your selected language
- Episodes not scraped when there were no episode titles in your selected language
- Other fixes due to changes at TheMovieDB
- See full details here... 2989627 (post)

v3.4.1 22 Jan 2020
- Fix scraping error when episodes do not have an Aired Date- https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/pull/169

v3.2.0, v3.3.0 & v3.4.0
- Read here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2907811
Hi and thank for your job, i have change my folder tvshow Nikita to metadata.tvshows.themoviedb scaper, but when click on, for example, Meggie Q. she's shown for each episode of Nikita. Image
when change scaper on The TVDB Meggie Q shown only movie or tv show
Starting XBMC from Debian (12.3 Debian package version:2:12.3+dfsg1-3ubuntu1), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, 3.13.0-32-generic x86_64). Built on Jan 7 2014
xbmc.log
Excellent, looking forward to trialling this.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hey!
Thanks for the push forward. Are there any news on the issue(s) described here or is it basically the same version?

I didn't come around to test these things so yeah Smile Sorry for asking Tongue
No, the description you mention is not a description for me and it is working fine on my library. Can't reproduce any of your issues.
OK, the post linked was somewhat messed up, so I'll just do some (hopefully) proper descriptions Smile

I noticed there is a huge performance issue with larger series, they take WAY longer in scanning then the TVDB Scraper. I tested with mass generated stub files (since I already scanned all my other series with TVDB Scraper I wanted to use a single large series for the TMDB Scraper). Those have pretty basic naming scheme of SSxEE (so 01x01, 01x02, etc). There shouldn't be any issues in resolving names I guess.
For testing purposes you can use this package: http://www.xup.to/dl,13457255/Series_724...onan).zip/ This is Detective Conan, which is about 800 files total.
In current testing I'm at 10 Minutes when the bar is still at ~30%.
I can't imagine what's wrong there, but maybe you can reproduce this time.

/edit: 20 Minutes - ~30%
/edit2: finished at about 30minutes... Way too long imho

The other issue seemed to have been a skin issue, can't reproduce it as of now.

/edit3
Another issue just popped up Smile When I try to get Logo's/Cleararts etc there's nothing returned. I guess this is because Artwort Downloader is using TVDBs ID as Series ID for the API. Is there even anything the TMDB Scraper can do about?
It was roughly ~8 minutes for me on a very slow corporate connection. It is still a lot (I will try to find the time to check it @Home as well), but much better than yours, so it will be something on your side.

Also, scraping for such a large series will always take much longer than tvdb, because the scraping approach is totally different (no time to explain in detail, you will need to trust me in this).
...but I take it would be 3-5 mins for me on a faster connection which is not that bad with 800 episodes.

As for Artwork downloader I guess you are right, but I am not using the Artowrk downloader (nor tmdb for TV Smile )
Hm this is weird... Could it be related to syncing via MySQL? I really don't think so, but it's the only thing that would come to mind.

I'll try with a fresh XBMC install later on.

Started Scanning (locally, no MySQL) at 6:01 PM, let's see when it finishes Big Grin Appears to be way faster for now...
/edit Got about the same time as you... something's wrong here :/
Started Scanning (with MySQL) at 6:19 PM, gonna see when it's done. Apparently taking longer.
/edit2 Finished after 20-25 minutes (didn't see exact end time). This is weird :/

PS: Also, I can confirm the "issue" posted by Seawolf
I starting xbmc after rename .xbmc in my home and the problem remain.

Starting XBMC from Debian (12.3 Debian package version:2:12.3+dfsg1-3ubuntu1), Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS, 3.13.0-32-generic x86_64). Built on Jan 7 2014
xbmc.log
Using XBMC 14.0-Alpha3 and when i switched to themoviedb.org scraper, no episodes are listed when choosing a tv show. This occurs for all tv shows. XBMC log didn't show any signs of errors though.
Api of The Movie Database has changed, New feature: Seasons now return episode level guest stars and crew
Ok, that what i was afraid of. Waiting for an update then. Also, please add 'et' (Estonian) to language list. Smile
Any news for an update on the TMDB TV series scraper as API changes have broken it. Thanks in advance.
(2014-10-09, 05:05)ounyai Wrote: Any news for an update on the TMDB TV series scraper as API changes have broken it. Thanks in advance.

Please don't bumb multiple threads on the same issue. I may look at it later (not today or tomorrow for sure), but the more bumbs, the less motivation for me.
It wasn't deliberate, grow up.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)2