3D issue
I just got an Android TV box to replace my Raspberry Pi (a tad slow). Anyway this android is faster but one caveat, it doesn't make my TV switch to 3D. XBMC switches but the TV just shows 2 images. I have the settings just like I do on the Pi. One thing I had to do on the Pi was set GPU memory to 256. Anyone with any ideas?
Huh

Oh, also the Display Mode and Resolution are grayed out and show windowed and 1280x720 respectively.
No automatic 3D switching of your TV on Android. Or any platform, afaik. That's a raspberry pi specific feature.
I doubt that. Maybe not on Android but I'd bet it is on the various PC based versions, Windows, OSX, and linux.
Nope, not even on the PC based versions. Maybe if you have a CEC adapter, which is how I think the Pi does it. I think. I don't have 3D TV myself, so I'm just going off of what I remember being told a while back, so I could be wrong.
It's unrelated to CEC. There is a very specific HDMI packet which instructs the TV to switch in 3D.
Needless to say, there is no common API to access this functionality, so it is very much chip-dependent.
Ah, neat. I'll add that to the wiki page.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D issue0