Req MadVR
(2014-07-24, 20:57)lmyllari Wrote:
(2014-07-24, 19:39)TylerD004 Wrote: 99% of TVs only take 60Hz as an input.
I don't think that is correct. Any European set will accept both 50 and 60Hz input, and 24Hz is not that rare either. The three US sets I've been working with (a high end Panasonic plasma, two inexpensive Samsung LCDs) all take 24Hz. There was already a pretty long list here before it was discontinued (and only sets that supported it without 3:2 pulldown were included).

Are you sure your TV doesn't accept 24Hz input? Some sets support it, but don't claim that in the EDID block.

If you're forced to use 60Hz, there is no way around it. You can do motion processing in the source or the TV (which can probably do it better), but you will sacrifice quality.

As far as I know, MadVR just blends frames. That might somewhat work on an LCD that won't be able to switch pictures that fast anyway..

In my opinion, a good TV and real 24p is the only way to go.

it's real power is in it's Luma and Chroma upscaling. It's dithering algo's are pretty impressive as well.

But upscaling is the main reasons I'm interested. Would love to see a Windows fork of MadVR to give it a test drive and let the community decide. Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough to implement. So I will just wait, won't wine, and be grateful for a really nice product (just looking for improvement where possible).

(2014-11-25, 10:22)Warner306 Wrote: I did a Google search on madVR and Kodi and came up with this topic. After using MPC-HC with madVR for sometime now with a card capable of doing at least Jinc3+AR, debanding, dithering, gamma control, etc; yes, there is a difference. But for most users who are not picture quality snobs, the difference probably won't spur anyone to add very complex code to the internal player just for Windows users. I tried Media Browser 3's Theatre Mode with madVR and it is terribly glitchy and still doesn't work properly after a full public release. At least, it does not work as well as MPC-HC. JRiver Media Center is ok, but it isn't Kodi, and it isn't Media Browser.

So, if you like the interface of Kodi, you are left with launching MPC-HC as an external player, which is moderately complicated and time-consuming. But I can live with it an be happy, for now. Again, only the true picture snobs need apply. But if they do, I wrote a guide on how to do it:

Kodi with madVR via MPC-HC: 1843499 (post)

Controller support and HTTP streams are whats missing from MPC-HC. Mainly the streams are where it's important because the up-scaling is so vital.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
Has there been any further consideration of implementing MadVR support to Kodi?

MadVR supports 3D LUTs to get near perfect color. The only way to accomplish this today is with MPC-HC as an external player, which is a hack that I don't think anyone really prefers.

Even if MadVR doesn't make its way into Kodi, what about supporting 3D LUTs?
AFAIK somebody was working on 3D LUT - just search the forum
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202691&page=2
Feature added: HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MadVR4