No audio with firewire interface
Hi, I've just installed xbmc today, because I had read that it (or it's plugins) may handle anime better than plex, which i've been running for about 2 yrs. Everything is great except... I have no audio for videos when trying to use my firewire interface (presonus firestudio), and it causes horribly jerky video playback. When i try to play music, it plays too fast, sounding like there is a bit-rate mismatch somewhere. What does work is internal speakers, and another small usb interface i have for headphones. They play perfectly, audio and video. Same as plex. I've tried all the settings for fixed, best match etc.. I've tried all the bit rates for fixed. Headphones are ok, but the firewire is the one which drives my speakers, so it not working is a dealbreaker. All of these audio devices work with plex, otherwise i'd suspect the fw interface, but that's not it. Any ideas?
Without having a debug log - could you try this version and report back? We did excessive working on audio device support since gotham and hopefully this testbuild catches it for you too. Ensure to recheck your device settings when using the testverion...

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yep, works perfectly. Also recognizes and names the interface the same way as the OS- "Default, Presonus Firestudio". Thanks!
Ok we aim to include this into helix in the next merge window (starting next week) - its to complex for hitting the gotham 13.x branch though ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio with firewire interface0