Issues running multiple mythtv backends
Hey,

I am having an issue that I am hoping someone might be able to help me with:

I have two Mac Mini's running XBMC that connect to my QNAP running MYSQL. I have installed mythtv backend (via macports complied installation) to both my Mac Mini's and all works fine.

I installed the Mythtv frontend add-on through xbmc and all is good.

The issue I face is when I run two mythtv backends at the same time. The signal quality goes rubbish. However if I exit out of xbmc and open up the HDHome software I can stream TV through VLC no worries and the signal strength is fine. Soon as I stop one mythtv backend the tv signal comes through without any issues on xbmc. Same thing happens with the mythtv frontend software.

Both mac mini are using the one HDHome run TV Tuner.

Was wondering if anyone had seen this before or had any suggestions? I have tried changing the setup on one of my mac mini's to point to the mythtv master backend on the other mac mini but no go.
Why are you running two backends?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
haha yeah good point.

Don't mind me its been a long week :-(
I don't think you can or should share a tuner between two backends. For one thing, there is no earthly need to, for another you will get the tuner locked by one backend without the other knowing it is locked, which will cause failures on the backend that is locked out. mythbackend (not unreasonably) assumes it has exclusive access to a tuner.

Refactor your setup :-)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yeah I just changed the permissions in mysql so the other xbmc could access it and changed the frontend to point to the backend downstairs. All good now. Thanks very much :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues running multiple mythtv backends0