Space Invaders
such scripts shouldn't be linked to any skin, but use its own skin. it is not like a script wich is intended to be the most include in skin as possisble.

when we laucnh a xbox game from xbmc, we never ask the game to be the same layout as the dashboard isn't it ?

Smile
i guess your right, its just the videos show it using a pm3 skin which will look sweet for everyone using pm3. i just thought maybe donno had a mc360 one planned. its no big deal really, just curios
slang123) i was planning to make it automatically adjust to mc360 (so if it detects your running mc360 it will use the correct graphics from there then realise, that would be unfair to other skins.

as solex said i itend to pacakage any graphic it uses with it. [this graphics just happen to be from project mayhem iii as i'm a coder not a graphic designer.

also updated my first topic :d
** Team XBMC Tester** XBMC 4 ever

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Information 
great job with the script donno.

just a quick question, will this support widescreen/hd?

i use 720p personally, and i wouldn't really want to have to switch back to 4:3 to play the game.

i guess if it doesn't it could always be tweaked (would have to learn python very quickly lol)

anyway, great job so far, that trailer looks wicked (love the music too :d )
it will upscale to your resolution.
so apart from the fact the graphics might be a bit stretched, not really sure ive heard it looks fine.

while at it might as well give a update.

- currently implementing a pause: d
- changing the main menus/settings.
- game over screens
- optimizations. (i’m sure there are a few more things i can change here and there to get it working even better)
- started work on some other goodies but no promises of them
- animations are now smoother (well look better not stupid) as instead of using gif now use set image so the frame changes when the object moves.

signing off,
donno

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

good idea with the upscale.

will it upscale to a 4:3 box in the middle of the widescreen, or will it stretch out to the full 16:9? i guess the 4:3 box thing would be better otherwise you'll have stretched invaders :p
Excellent work donno! Just had a look at the video and pics so far and they are very good. Can't wait to give it a go.

I have started to do some python scripts since you guys did the MC360 theme. You and the rest of the blackbolt team have inspired alot of people to try skinning and python coding..

There are some good retro games that I would like to have a go at coding in python, but i'll wait to see your code first as i don't really have an idea of where to start..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
Its been over two months approx. since i last worked on Space Invaders, over the past 48 hours i have done a major overhaul, thou the gameplay hasn’t changed much, I had to change the settings to support Nickname and Password for the internet highscores, then had to hook up the listing of the highscores. The big one was actually repairing the local highscores which was broken and then hooking up the internet one.

I also made my own custom DialogProgress so it looks like PM3 and fits the rest of the script. The script is nearly RC1 so stay tuned its can only be 3-4 weeks away a i can feel it.

The highscore system wouldn’t have been possible without the help of RockStar, he orgainazied a site and created a libary for me to use, by previous highscore table on my ISP site was pretty crappy and didn’t always work. I look forward to the site and his Snake. Check out snake over at http://www.xbmc.de/snake/ . Im also modified his language class libary whihc was great for setting up Localziations. Ill post on the XBMC Forums request people to help translate.

Im hoping POST XBMC 2.0 we will see ttf/custom fonts in python so I can get the best effect and chagne some of the game over screens to real font.

I got to level 7 with about 12720 points.

Final things to do are, testing (meaning a lot of playing by me), seeing if people are willing to translate some strings, seeing if people are intrested in making themes for inclution in the RC1 (or depending on what happens might leave strings and themes to the RC2 or the Space Invaders 1.0 release. Other then that im going to write up a manual for it.

So Stay Tunes, This is Donno out.

Note) This is copied from my new blog > located here

Ok, so Space Invaders and Snake aren't ready yet... You guys have any idea when both games are gonna be released? Cause I'm very impressed by both trailers and WANT TO PLAY IT!! Big Grin

Greetz Insomniac
Same here! Smile
Hey Markec,

Snake is out man! Awesome script!
n e updates?? i cant wait for this i think im going crazy...
Xbox Version: 1.0
Mod Type: Hardmod (Chip)
Modchip: Xecuter 2.6 CE
Bios: X2 5035
Dash: XBMC/EvoX/UnleashX
me 2.
cmon donno. we are waiting! Nod
Just saw the video on Youtube and it looks awsome.
I wonder if this/these gamescripts could be controlled by the remote..?
Well, i had final exams, then break of doing nothing but watching TV. I then started doing a little skinning, and getting my integrated Game Save Manger added. However last time i tested Space Invaders it worked pretty well, (just a few cosmetic problems such as text in the wrong spot and few little things here and there requiring tweaking.

I got to the LAST Level as well (level 13), [as the invaders are on the bottom line]

I'll do my best to finish it but i don't want to release something that doesn't work, or isn't completed.

@k-pax) Yes remote works. [personally i prefer control much easier], keyboard also works.

I promise it should be out before end of the year Big Grin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Space Invaders2