WIP Need Help (Openelec Standalone+Chromebox)
I am new to the XBMC community and need a little help understanding how to how to install Openelec as a standalone on a Asus Chromebox. Now i know there are directions on this site that explains how but to be a little honest the jumping between page to page makes it hard for me to understand. So if anybody is willing to actually explain step by step with scripts and everything that would be great. Or if there is a vid link that would also be great. Again I know there is a page on this site that explains it but i need a little more linear directions on one page step by step.

I am a little cpu savvy and i know enough to complete this task but i just need a little more linear directions
You mean like this? Asus Chromebox (wiki)
(2014-07-25, 01:16)Ned Scott Wrote: You mean like this? Asus Chromebox (wiki)

Yes like that
Would you know how to give me step by step instructions?
That page is the step-by-step instructions.
Quote:That page is the step-by-step instructions.

Yes and they work! I just did them a couple of days ago and am enjoying my standalone XBMC/OpenELEC system.

Dual boot and/or XBMCbuntu requires more Linux knowledge or a desire to learn, but if all you want is a XBMC media player follow the step-by-step instructions for standalone with OpenELEC.

My only issue installing was my Logitech K400 keyboard wouldn't work on the recovery screen so I had to hook up a cheap USB keyboard to set "developer mode" to update the firmware, this is mentioned in the step-by-step, but I had to buy a USB keyboard because a PS2 to USB adapter wouldn't work either.

I even installed the Official XBMC Remote for Android on my wife's old Android 2.2 phone and it works nicely -- much better than the remote that came with our Viewsonic VMP-60 the Chromebox has replaced (our library exceeded the 2GB capacity of this old box so I needed something newer).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help (Openelec Standalone+Chromebox)0