New to HTPC want live TV
I have been reading about HTPC and XBMC etc for the past 2 days and have some general questions. I am completely new to this so bear with me. I would like to "cut the cord" and was wondering what is needed to stream live TV. From doing research I would need some sort of NUC or the like, I was thinking new HP/ASUS chromebox. From there I would need to change the OS to some sort of XBMC like openelec or unbutu, which means no Windows. Beyond that is where I get lost. It sounds like I would need a tuner like HDhomerun prime and that's where the nightmares or dealing with the cable company and cablecard arise. I then found pseudoTV live, but that is just software I need to run once having a tuner, so would I still need a cablecard? Basically I am looking to stream live TV only, I dont care about having a PVR/DVR, so what all is needed for a set up like this? It sounds like there are many ways to go about it, but I just want the most basic.
HDHomeRun Prime + Simple IPTV PVR add-on + Schedules Direct = happiness.

I keep putting it off, but I'll try to work up a start-to-finish how-to on this. I'll try to remember to post here when I do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to HTPC want live TV0