Monitor CCTV DVR from any Smart TV in the house?
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you can advise on any system or systems/method/app/plugin (basically any schematic) that will allow me to view and control all of my CCTV feeds (8 HD cameras connected to DVR via CAT5e/CAT6) on any smart TV in the house. I am about to start wiring the house in either CAT5e or CAT6; I have not, as yet purchased any smart TV's or the DVR itself, so I am open to suggestions on any and all equipment to achieve this goal of viewing and controlling Pan/Tilt/Zoom/Record/Playback etc from any TV in the house. Each TV will be networked into the patch panel via CAT5e or CAT6. I realize I can purchase a small device that would sit next to each TV to act as a conduit between network and TV such as a pi/laptop/NUC etc but would prefer not to use this method for all of the TV's as it could become even more costly that it is at present.

I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Shaolin
I am not sure what this has to do with XBMC but to keep it on topic I will refer to the addon which allows monitoring of a webcam/security camera. It's called script.securitycam and there is a thread on here about it.

However I am unsure about your setup. Are these IP cameras? Or are they analogue cameras sending a composite video feeds to the DVR which captures and records?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Surely you're looking at it backwards?

My home is CCTV ready. How?

I already ran one cat6 to the loft for a high up camera out front and one to the back door.

Both back to where I would locate the recording box. [under the stairs with all my AV] This will be connected by HDMI to my spare 4th input on my 4in 2out matrix box. [output 2 has a splitter enabling 2 TVs connected on this output] This enables me to view the CCTV channel on any of my 3 TV's in the property and using harmony remotes I would be able to control it. I also have wired internet under there so most likely be able to use the internet to view it remotely too.

It's easy!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Something like this? http://homeawesomation.wordpress.com/201...mc-update/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Monitor CCTV DVR from any Smart TV in the house?0