hitachi smart tv
hi all
thanks for the subscription
and i hope you can help...just invested in a hitachi smart tv and would like to know if i can run xbmc
i allready have it on a few android devices and love it
also can anyone tell me what software /ios they use on smart tv`s
thanks in advance carderv
We'll need more information on the TV before we can help. What's the model of the Hitachi that you own?
hi soul_est
its a 40hxt16u
hope you can help
I've taken a look at the TV and I don't know exactly what it runs. I do know that it most likely runs on a Linux kernel of some version. You could probably connect to it with a computer via an ethernet cable. I'm not sure how you would get into the TV's software though. Look up Sony Bravia Hacks or Sony Bravia Hacking to learn more. Just be sure that:
  1. Don't delete anything
  2. That the hardware powering the SmartTV maybe no better than a Raspberry Pi
Unless its a google tv no.
came looking for answers myself, but don't think your being steered right. Appologies if I'm off mark. But I don't see how were going to run the download. I would suggest need to download to a usb stick, and stick that into TV where it usually gets softloads...
At the risk of resurrecting a 3-year-old-thread...

Simple answer, "no". Don't bother sticking a USB stick in, the TV almost certainly doesn't support sideloading of applications even if it could run Kodi - which it can't.

Put Kodi on a Firestick or Pi and use that via an HDMI port.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hitachi smart tv0