Android switching form NTSC to PAL
Dear all,

i bought this device in order to re-use an old CRT TV http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6105418335.html
Once I got it I sadly discovered that the this device is set as NTSC tv standard while I need PAL.

The seller answered:
"Our engineer said that it's a problem of software, it can not change.
We are sorry to bring you into this inconvenience.
Any other questions, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you."

Now to return the item will cost me quite a lot and before giving up I made some search in this forum and I got the following discussion which deal about NTSC/PAL settings:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152004

i have some computer knowledge but I it is not clear to me how to get access to the system of this device and if the settings "tvservice -n" is available in any XBMC device or specific of Pi Raspberry..

Many thanks for any suggestions,

rosma197x

Any suggestions are welcome
Hello,
no one is answering of giving me directions ?

Thanks,

rosma197x
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem, different model though. Aliexpress sells a lot of these media players, running Android.

Installing XBMC was a breeze and all works well. I assume that internally it is set to NTSC, because composite video doesn't work (out of sync), the HDMI works on my TV (which can support both) but not on my amp.

The post that you refer to seems to be specific to RPi. Raspbmc actually runs on Linux so you can access most of the low-level config.
I have yet to find a way to change Android settings other than what is in the setup. And there is no HDMI section in the setup.

I sent a msg to the vendor, but I assume I'll get the same response as you did....

Any ideas out there?
Hello,
by now the only idea I have is to install a file explorer in search the string "tvservice " and change it.
I hope there is config file where I can find it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
switching form NTSC to PAL0