XBMC Media Play for Hi10
Hello
im searching the best hardware to play Hi10 Animes on an HTPC or SoC but also the cheapest(!!).
I would play my media over my USB 3.0 External HDD and after getting my NAS over my Gigabit LAN.

PS: Is it possible to create an HTPC starting from XBMC and simultaneously sharing my attached external device to my network so
i have not to unplug it everytime, having new data? I want to download it directly to my external device after turning the HTCP on (From my main PC).
I would pay around 200 Euro.

Thanks
(2014-07-25, 10:10)robbryjo Wrote: Hello
im searching the best hardware to play Hi10 Animes on an HTPC or SoC but also the cheapest(!!).
I would play my media over my USB 3.0 External HDD and after getting my NAS over my Gigabit LAN.

With reservations, I'd still recommend the Celeron-based Chromebox as a reasonably priced box that can play the majority of current Hi10P content. Here is how to set it up for XBMC. If you want something that you know can play Hi10P content for sure, I'd have to recommend an i3. There are quite a few SFF boxes out there to choose from, not sure whether it's still within budget.

I'll leave your PS for someone else to address.
I stay away from hi10bit since the source is only 8bit so yeah the 10bit stuff is useless and isn't even hardware accelirateable yet if ever. So yeah Software only for that stuff. there is no quailty difference between it and a proper normal mkv.
(2014-07-26, 03:53)Topken Wrote: I stay away from hi10bit since the source is only 8bit so yeah the 10bit stuff is useless and isn't even hardware accelirateable yet if ever. So yeah Software only for that stuff. there is no quailty difference between it and a proper normal mkv.

Too bad it isn't quite that easy for everyone. To me, the ability to play 10bit content is a must for any XBMC box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Media Play for Hi100