How to pass through DTS on samsung tv
Hello. I just wonder if it's possible to send hdmi_force_edid_audio=1 command to samsung tv so DTS and DD audio pass through to my receiver without beeing downmixed to stereo from TV. On raspberry pi you can give this string to config.txt and it's working. Is there any similar function for xbmc on windows?
Thanks
Yes, but it is quite complex. What you need to do is overriding the EDID file.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...xxx-s.html
Why not first go to your receiver and then to the TV (if possible)?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
BEcasue the receiver is old and despite that it has hdmi the video output that gives is crappy. Is the sony DA1200ES. It supposed to have 1080p hdmi but the quality is full of pixels and unstable image. So my only way is to output DTS and DD from the Tv itself.

(2014-07-25, 16:48)peregrine Wrote: Yes, but it is quite complex. What you need to do is overriding the EDID file.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...xxx-s.html

I have already red everything for EDID. I know that it has to be modified but I am not capable to do it. I don't have the required knoledge to do it. On raspberry pi you only change a value on config file and it works. I just wanted to know if there was a similar way also for windows. I think that I am not the only one with samsung tv that has this issue. Thanks for the reply
Do you have optical/coax out on your pc? May just be easier to send audio to the receiver via optical/coax instead of hdmi.
(2014-07-25, 18:00)thesuffering Wrote: Do you have optical/coax out on your pc? May just be easier to send audio to the receiver via optical/coax instead of hdmi.

My setup is complex. I run a home server with windows 7x64 on a room. My TV is 15 meters away and I get image through hdmi extender. Hdmi extender is last generation and can handle all types of audio and video. It passes through also cec so I can control my xbmc or plex home theater with it. My only issue is the audio. I am also using plex app for samsung tvs but my model is old (C8000) and the app is a little bit laggy, so I thought to use the hdmi extender to get native video and audio.
moninfo will make a inf file
Are you sure your TV passes those codecs through? Most tvs don't
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-26, 04:52)nickr Wrote: Are you sure your TV passes those codecs through? Most tvs don't
This is the point. Samsung tvs ,even the newest, can handle those codecs but they are locked by hdcp and they doesn't pass through them. They downmixed them to stereo. Thats why I need edid hack.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to pass through DTS on samsung tv0