[HALF-SOLVED] Replacing ratings with duration on TV shows index
Hi, I'm running XBMC on a Raspbmc Raspberry Pi. I want to replace the user ratings on the TV show index screen with the video duration. I've read a few threads about this, and it seems that one way to do this is to replace all occurances of "Label2" with "Duration" in the file /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ViewsVideoLibrary.xml

I tried doing this, then rebooted, but saw no change. I wasn't sure if I needed to refresh the skin manually, so I installed and switched to another skin, then switched back. Again, there was no change in the index screen. How can I make this change?
I'd still love to know how this is done. (Bump.)
Okay, so I also had to modify /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ViewsFileMode.xml. In Linux do the following, which also makes a backup.

Code:
sudo cp /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ViewsFileMode.xml{,.orig}
sudo cp /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ViewsVideoLibrary.xml{,.orig}
sudo sed -i 's/Label2/Duration/' /opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Views{FileMode,VideoLibrary}.xml
Just a note that I've slimmed this down to two changes as follows, both in `ViewsFileMode.xml`.

Code:
--- /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ViewsFileMode.xml.orig  2016-05-04 04:32:21.000000000 +1000
+++ /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/ViewsFileMode.xml       2016-05-12 10:06:01.646118839 +1000
@@ -59,7 +59,7 @@
                                                <selectedcolor>selected</selectedcolor>
                                                <align>right</align>
                                                <aligny>center</aligny>
-                                               <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</label>
+                                               <label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration]</label>
                                                <visible>Window.IsVisible(Videos)</visible>
                                                <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="40,0" delay="0" time="0" condition="![Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(Episodes) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)]">conditional</animation>
                                        </control>
@@ -152,7 +152,7 @@
                                                <selectedcolor>selected</selectedcolor>
                                                <align>right</align>
                                                <aligny>center</aligny>
-                                               <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</label>
+                                               <label>$INFO[ListItem.Duration]</label>
                                                <visible>Window.IsVisible(Videos)</visible>
                                                <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="40,0" delay="0" time="0" condition="![Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(Episodes) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)]">conditional</animation>
                                        </control>

The first part changes the "static" rating to duration. The second part changes the information when you select or hover over the item.

However, there is a problem with this. Normally, when you browse TV series in the top index, the number of episodes is shown on the right. If you filter by unwatched, this shows the number of unwatched episodes. After you apply my patch, it removes this information.

I don't totally understand what my patch does, but I think Label2 works as a variable placeholder, which depends on what you are looking at. In the top index, it will hold the number of episodes. In the "within-a-series" index, it will hold the rating. I think I've hard-coded it to show the duration in all cases. With this in mind, I thought I could find `ListItem.Rating` instead, and replace it with `ListItem.Duration`. However I could only find this string in `DialogAlbumInfo.xml`, which is not a relevant file.

FWIW I've read this information, which also suggests this might be a problem. However, I find it hard to believe that it's not possible to change ratings without changing the number of episodes. Can anyone help me?

==EDIT==
I just realised that my patch only changes "List" view. So another workaround is to have the top index on "Big list", "Media info" or "Media info2", and the "within-a-series" index on "List". I'd actually prefer the latter on "Media info", so it's still not ideal, but it is better…

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HALF-SOLVED] Replacing ratings with duration on TV shows index0