Will my 4yr old HTPC handle 3D?
I built my HTPC about 4 years ago and it has been working fine playing 1080p movies to my Panasonic 60" plasma. At the time I wasn't interested in 3D, but my 10yr old is wanting to watch some,and I'm wondering if my system can handle it. I would be playing mostly 1080p 3D content with it. the system has the following;

motherboard : GIGABYTE Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU : Intel Pentium G620
4GB ram

I don't have a dedicated graphics card, just using the onboard integrated graphic controller.

Guess I could add a graphics card, but the case sits near me when watching movies so it would have to be quiet (as it is now this setup is very quiet).

So I guess what I would like to know if this setup is good for 3D, and if not, what should I consider as an upgrade so it will handle 3D?
Welcome to forums.

Having looked at http://ark.intel.com/products/53480/Inte...e-2_60-GHz looks like its a big fat no.

Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology No

Sorry not a 3D fan so no real suggestions, but anything recent if you want to keep the intel gpu idea then maybe some something like a intel nuc with anything like a intel HD4000 or better would be pretty future proof.
As xbmc doesn't play mvc encoded files I assume you want to play sbs or tab files. If your system plays 1080p files then it will play hsbs or htab no problem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will my 4yr old HTPC handle 3D?1