Android Sound, no picture (ERROR: DVDVideoCodecAmlogic: Failed to open Amlogic Codec)
It's a valid answer as far as what we are able to control. We can't control what hardware other people buy, or what firmware is installed when you bought it. We've always given strong warnings to people to research the hardware they buy and to only buy from trust worthy venders/sources.

What else can we do?
(2014-08-10, 01:52)Ned Scott Wrote: It's a valid answer as far as what we are able to control. We can't control what hardware other people buy, or what firmware is installed when you bought it. We've always given strong warnings to people to research the hardware they buy and to only buy from trust worthy venders/sources.

What else can we do?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm rudely demanding a fix Angel I just ask if there is any other known solution to this issue once I have tested each and every fix featured in this forum.

I am also politely offering myself to test, research, debug or whatever could be needed to fix this problem. I have sent my XBMC log, the contents of the .rc file that sets the permission stuff in this box, a link to my current ROM, the results of my personal short-of-time-just-scratching-the-surface research... and whatever I find that can be relevant.

By the way, my current ROM is AMLogic stock for this chipset but I have tested several ROMs from different vendors, suppliers, whatever...and always find the same black screen if enable amcodec. Meanwhile, stock player works flawlessly Undecided Sooooo... that makes me think that maybe there's some ROM-independent stuff that makes XBMC fail with hardware acceleration. It's a pity I can't decode XMBC log further to follow upstream the error so I can't give you more detailed feedback. Rolleyes
Did you actually manually check the permissions or just blindly assume they got set ?

"ls -l" on all important device and class permissions will show them.
(2014-08-11, 19:02)MeatGrinder Wrote: Did you actually manually check the permissions or just blindly assume they got set ?

"ls -l" on all important device and class permissions will show them.

I have checked. Every permission is set OK. Rolleyes
let me see Smile
Another symptom that could or not be related to amlogic is the one I described in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201296

HD videos (amcodec OFF) or videos with subtitles fail at FF or RW, the time bar stay still at 0:00:00 and once the file is watched, it is not marked as watched. Stock video player manage these files OK.

No message at log regarding this issue Sad
(2014-08-12, 22:44)MeatGrinder Wrote: let me see Smile

Did you find anything? Undecided
Kodi v14 you're my only hope Rolleyes
I have an ATV120 and a Gamestick, they are both basically the same stick, you can even cross-flash their FW, they run on AML8726-MX the board id is STV_MX, meson6

it seems Playjam and Geniatech have abandoned any updates for these sticks, they do not awnser support questions regarding this, and the last FW was 4.1.2 and I have the same problem as the OP, if I enable AMlcodec I only get sound but no video.

now my question is, does the AMLcodec need a (or some) .so or libraries be present on the FW? if so, anyone know which ones? I need to know if my problem is the same as the OP's or because of an old FW the lack of the codec altogether

Thanks
Is AMLogic support abandoned?
News on this issue might be slow at the moment, but no one has abandoned it yet. Most AMLogic-based boxes seem to work fine, including those using the AML8726-MX, so I really think it's a firmware issue, but I don't doubt you when you say you've tried different firmware. I wish I had something more exciting to say, but at the very least I can say "don't lose hope".
Interestingly I've got a similar problem.

I've purchased a Beelink MXQ S85 running firmware 107k4, it comes pre-installed with XBMC 13.2 Gotham which works flawlessly.

If, however I try to install another version of XBMC (SPMC) or even XBMC official, I get the problem described in this thread.

I have to confess I've not tried changing any permissions yet and probably won't bother as XBMC 13.2 is sufficient for me.
(2014-10-27, 01:12)Ned Scott Wrote: News on this issue might be slow at the moment, but no one has abandoned it yet. Most AMLogic-based boxes seem to work fine, including those using the AML8726-MX, so I really think it's a firmware issue, but I don't doubt you when you say you've tried different firmware. I wish I had something more exciting to say, but at the very least I can say "don't lose hope".

Thank you for your reply. There hasn't been any post or GitHub commit/request regarding this issue lately, so I thought this could be a "won't be fixed" issue Rolleyes

Contact me if you need further details, testing, logs, or whatever.

BTW, as you state, I have no reason to lie. I have tested at least 5 different ROMs from different vendors (all of them 4.4.2) and now I't using an AMLogick stock, I have set the permissions, double-checkd them, rooted the box, grant root privileges to XBMC... and so on. And still can't watch a HD video within XBMC without stuttering (acceleration OFF), or just black screen (acceleration ON). Meanwhile, stock video player plays HD videos without issues...
Could you repost a debug log (wiki), please. The other one expired...
I have the same problem(sound only, no picture) when using AMLOGIC codec, but I don't get that error.
KODI version is November 7th nightly(14.0-BETA1 Git:2014-11-07-ca14ec1-dirty) .
My device is TV110, Amlogic S805, Android 4.4.2 rooted. XBMC 13.2 works OK.
Also log says 2 cores available, when is box has 4 cores(cpu governor is hotplug so few cores aren't always enabled). Maybe it's not properly detected yet, AMLUtils.cpp doesn't have "Meson8B".
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...LUtils.cpp
Logfile below:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=343610

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound, no picture (ERROR: DVDVideoCodecAmlogic: Failed to open Amlogic Codec)1