Move Live TV Folder?
Apologies if I missed a post somewhere, but I did a couple of searches and didn't find anything.

I'm runing 13.1 on Win7.1, with ServerWMC running against a Ceton IniniTV 4-tuner card.

All was well up to the point I decided to move those folders off the primary system disk that also hosts the OS/program files, onto one of the library disks - idea being performance should improve if that read/write activity happens separtely from whatever Windows and the other apps/services were doing on that primary disk (and the library disks are beefier).

Now Live TV grinds to a halt after about 15 seconds. I suspect it's because I didn't move everything, I didn't move things correctly, or I shouldn't have moved anything to begin with.

I welcome any guidance on this.

Thanks!
Does wmc work after you moved the recorded tv folder?

If it does, paste the serverwmc log (see debug tab) after live-tv stops on pastebin.com and post a link to it here.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
It may depend on how you 'moved' those folders.

I use my 'D' drive for live TV, but I am using a HDHomeRun Prime, which should work about the same as your Ceton.

Anyway, I initially had issues, because I was using a Symbolic Link to 'move' the folders. This caused issues with my Raspberry Pi clients being able to get information.

Scarecrow sent me down the path of changing the Symbolic Link to a Junction Link instead. I made the change and it solved that issue.

Now, in your case, it sounds like you are doing everything (processing, viewing live, recording, viewing recorded content, etc...) on the same computer. If that is the case, I am not sure this would help.

Or, you may already have it set up as a junction link.

Sorry to be long winded if this doesn't help you.
Thanks for the replies -- I resolved this by:

1 - Un-installed XBMC
2 - Changed folder destination in WMC to a disk that is separate from the OS
3 - Confirmed the new file location in ServerWMC
4 - Re-installed XBMC (wan't that big of a deal)

Live TV will still choke on occasion, primarily on HD channels from my Ceton InfitiTV card, but I'll chase that in a separate thread if necessary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Move Live TV Folder?0