stream your media to your remote xbox via the net
hi everyone... i was wondering if the xbox currently supports streaming of media from your pc via the web to your remote xbox ... lets say in another country....

i know http://www.orb.com hava service that streams media from your pc... you install a small app that runs in the background and people can then log into a web page anywhere and stream the media to the pc/mobile/pda they are logging onto the page from...

i was wondering if it was possible or do able to add support to orb in xbmc?

they have tool for greating add ons to orb called the orb add on api.. maby that can be used to help with xbmc inicorporation...

i normally only use smb sharing to stream my media on my local area network from my pc to my xbox... i never tried all the other streaming programs as i never really understood them... but do these other programs already have this sort of feature to stream media over the web too... am i recommending a feature that already exists?

hope others here are keen on this kind of feature as well....

thank you soo much for xbmc... i cannot picture life without it now...

khalid
you should consider turning on the web interface and then port forwarding it to the port you choose. then you can access it anywhere on the net. of course that requires that your isp doesn't block the port and its also not password protected which you might be concerned about.

once you do that you can use the os x dashboard widget of the firefox extension. also you might want to keep an eye on the ajax interface that liquidice is developing because he is adding support to do that from his web interface using ajax.

in other words, there are a couple of different ways to do this and the choice is up to you on how to do it. also if you are a programmer, you could code a python script to protect the interface with a password and/or username.
nuff said

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stream your media to your remote xbox via the net0