Linux Power menu working but want immediate sleep/hibernate
Hi,

First of all a great big thanks to the guys that contribute to XBMC, THE best media center by far!

I am running a ZOTAC NANO ID64 on XBMCBUNTU 13.0 upgraded from the beta PPA to 13.2 beta2 and i can confirm that with the latest update (25/7/2014) it is playing HDMI sound/passthrough really well and also suspends and resumes! bonus!

I have two questions for the community...

1. Remote works perfectly. but Is there a way to sleep immediately and skip the power menu? (not lazy lol it interferes with all device shutdown on harmony)

2. I'm having to use the usb IR with my Harmony One. Does anyone know how to get the built in Zotac IR registered and working? PS. it is enabled in the BIOS.

Thanks,
Dave
ad 1.) remap the <power> button to Suspend
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions

ad 2) iirc needs a custom lirc. I guess its somewhere on this forum
Not sure if this helps you. Just setup zotac aq01/harmony. Similar devices.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1759493
Not suspend (I know), but OE boots almost as fast as my TV. Pressing power skips menu, shuts down and it powers it back on, too. (Hopefully it is a clean shutdown, so far no warnings on the the following boot).
I chose harmony profile- aq01. Not media center remote.
Thanks for the replies. I'll try those suggestions when it's working again. Put it in hibernate and it didn't come out. No amount of power downs or ehem fiddling seems to boot it. Red power light only. No reaction to power button.as it's all tightly locked down inside I've contacted seller for fix/refund :-(
Maybe unplug the hard drive and try booting from a USB stick, or nothing to try to get bios errors.
Hibernate saves to hard drive. Maybe it had issues saving and now has issues booting from HD. Bummer. Good luck.

G
Thanks G I figured same but removed everything and nada. Not even memory beeps. Not good! If it was normal pc I would remove bios battery etc but can't find one. So... back it goes!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power menu working but want immediate sleep/hibernate0