Solved HDMI Audio Channels mixed up
I am running XBMCBUNTU 13.0 from the xbmc.org page upgraded to unstable 13.2 beta2 on a ZOTAC NANO ID64.

Having installed 13.0 from the Xbmc.org page, my audio channels were mixed up (rear speakers merging into front) no LFE, Remote suspend resume did not work. Only 2 of 4 cores of the CPU appeared to be in use and one of those was 100% and i had jerky menus etc..

This was solved by upgrading to the latest unstable repository.

I would urge caution as your mileage might vary but for me it appears to be stable and all the problems have gone away.

To add the unstable repository and get updates from it:

Code:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get update
'

To upgrade you xbmc:

Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade xbmc

Reboot your XBMC and your done.
Very nice solution for a problem.

Installing another version (except an unstable beta one) isn´t a solution for a problem as you don´t know what has been changed in this versoin.

Have you ever descriped your "old" problem here? Ever pasted a logfile for somebody can see what happens?

So, tbh, don´t talk about solutions you have found, if you don´t find them.
Wow what an condescending attitude! Only trying to help others pal.

I'm not claiming to have solved the problems personally.

There were too many problems to get solutions to. Obviously the initial beta repo is unstable on my machine due to it being relatively new i guess. So for me the unstable repo is an acceptable fix for now.

Which is why there is a warning in bold.
I'm not condescending. Sorry if it sounds like this.

I'm only telling, that this won't help others, as they don't know which hardware you are using, why the channels are mixed up or how do you solved it. Installing an unstable version of XBMC might get them further problems. I saw your line in bold, and that's ok.

Telling what hardware you are using, pasting debug logs for comparing (old version with errors and new unstable version without your erros) and maybe finding out what really happens to your system would have helped more, than just installing an unstable version of XBMC and holding thumbs and pray, that all will be better.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not blaming you or anything. Absotely no offense. Wink

Cheers
David

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Audio Channels mixed up0