XBMC not scraping some tv shows with local nfo files
I have an Amazon Fire TV with XBMC 13.1. I added my tv sources from my NAS which has the following structure for each show:

TV Shows\TV Show Name\Season 1\Show Name - S01E01 - Episode Name

I have all my nfo files in the folder and had xbmc scrape locally. For several tv shows, it finds the show, but doesn't find the episodes. All of my files are structured the same, so I don't understand why this is happening to some shows and not others.

Here is the log for when I tried "scanning for new content" on a show with no episodes. http://pastebin.com/yrgSYaZY

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Include the full log and not just a snippet. That snippet isn't enough to tell what is going on.
(2014-07-26, 07:09)Ned Scott Wrote: Include the full log and not just a snippet. That snippet isn't enough to tell what is going on.

Sorry about that, the log is pretty lengthy so I thought I could just cut to one of the shows that wasn't scraping correctly. I tried pasting it to pastebin, but the file was too big for a free account. I uploaded it to dropbox instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44n0dmijbvzyujv/xbmc.txt

Thanks!
@nolegrl

A good strategy to get smaller logs, is to enable debug in xbmc and restart xbmc itself (it then starts in debug), then immediately reproduce issue, then "pastebining" the result. Logs tend to be a great deal shorter and more to the point then.

Also that link goes nowhere
(2014-07-26, 16:16)uNiversal Wrote: @nolegrl

A good strategy to get smaller logs, is to enable debug in xbmc and restart xbmc itself (it then starts in debug), then immediately reproduce issue, then "pastebining" the result. Logs tend to be a great deal shorter and more to the point then.

Also that link goes nowhere
Thanks for the tip! I have Xbmc set to update the library when it opens, but I'll turn that option off and give it a shot.

Btw, I updated the link and it looks like it's working now. But you may want to wait until I get a more concise log.
It may be even better if you disable tracktv as well, it sure fills up a load of rubbish which seems irrelevant.
Alright! I have a new log! Thanks for the tips uNiversal! I stopped library updates at start, disabled add-ins tracktv and tv show next aired. Restarted and turned on debug. Restarted again and tried to refresh a show that wasn't showing episodes. This is what I got:

http://pastebin.com/iSDDLg0t
Interesting. Is the show "as told By Ginger"?

It has these errors.

Code:
13:50:05 T:1572713832   ERROR: const CStdString CScraperParser::Parse(const CStdString&, ADDON::CScraper*): Could not find scraper function GetEpisodeList
13:50:05 T:1572713832   ERROR: std::vector<CStdStr<char> > ADDON::CScraper::Run(const CStdString&, const CScraperUrl&, XFILE::CCurlFile&, const std::vector<CStdStr<char> >*): Unable to parse web site

Requires some expert on scrapers to have a look, but from your end, I would try an alternative scraper, perhaps. Thank you, the generated logs is great and easy to follow.
(2014-07-27, 09:41)uNiversal Wrote: Interesting. Is the show "as told By Ginger"?

It has these errors.

Code:
13:50:05 T:1572713832   ERROR: const CStdString CScraperParser::Parse(const CStdString&, ADDON::CScraper*): Could not find scraper function GetEpisodeList
13:50:05 T:1572713832   ERROR: std::vector<CStdStr<char> > ADDON::CScraper::Run(const CStdString&, const CScraperUrl&, XFILE::CCurlFile&, const std::vector<CStdStr<char> >*): Unable to parse web site

Requires some expert on scrapers to have a look, but from your end, I would try an alternative scraper, perhaps. Thank you, the generated logs is great and easy to follow.

Yes it is. What's weird is that I set it up to use "local information only", so it shouldn't have to scrape anything new. Maybe I set it up wrong? I also noticed that the show is not following the tvdb episode order. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it should just use the nfo's that are stored, so I'm not sure if that's it either. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my log.
My guess, based on the log, would be that the tvshow.nfo contains an <episodeguide> tag containing the tvdb URL which the "local information only" scraper is then using to try to retrieve the episode guide...

...Except the "local information only" scraper has no idea how to do that (for obvious reasons), so you end up with an error.

Of course, assuming that's true, there's no reason for a lack of episode guide to force the scan to give up, as there could still be episodes with matching nfo files (and in the case of "local information only", that's kind of the whole point), so there could definitely be a bug in there somewhere.

Method to fix (possibly):
Find the relevant tvshow.nfo, remove the <episodeguide> tags and everything inside them.
For safety, next remove the show from the library. Highlight while in Library view->Context menu->Manage...->Remove from library.
Now go to the show folder in File view and press 'i' to re-add the show to the library.

(Simply refreshing the show might also work, but it's possible the episode guide will linger from the previous scan, so a full removal may be needed.)
Double post.
So should I report this as a bug?
(2014-08-01, 21:45)nolegrl Wrote: So should I report this as a bug?

If I understand the situation correctly then I think it would be fair to call this a bug. At the very least, it seems to be unintentional behavior.

If you could go onto http://trac.xbmc.org (use your same forum username/password) and make a ticket for this, that would be great. You can even link to this thread, but be sure to mention things directly in the trac ticket as well so it's easy to get all the info in one spot.
(2014-08-02, 01:19)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 21:45)nolegrl Wrote: So should I report this as a bug?

If I understand the situation correctly then I think it would be fair to call this a bug. At the very least, it seems to be unintentional behavior.

If you could go onto http://trac.xbmc.org (use your same forum username/password) and make a ticket for this, that would be great. You can even link to this thread, but be sure to mention things directly in the trac ticket as well so it's easy to get all the info in one spot.

Thank you for the info! I actually solved my problem when I was trying to compile all this information together to submit an error report.

I ran one more debug log on a different show that wasn't scraping and the error said "no nfo file in folder." I checked the folder and there was a file there, so I checked a little more closely and I noticed that my nfo files had a capital "E" for episode, and my video files had a lower case "e" for episode. For the heck of it, I decided to change the uppercase to a lowercase, and volia! it found the episode.

This happened because I just recently converted the bulk of my media to mp4 so that it would be compatible with my chromecast. I didn't realize that Handbrake was changing the capitalization of the title after it converted it.

To remedy this, I went through my media with Bulk Rename Utility (seriously the best program ever) and changed the capitalization on everything that wasn't scraping to the "Title" case. This solved the problem and now all my stuff is scraping correctly.

I also noticed that some of my .nfo files had been renamed to .info. I'm not sure what caused that to happen. I did download a few media managers while trying to find out what was wrong with my nfo files, but didn't have them renaming anything.

Whew, that was frustrating for such a silly error. Thank you everyone for your help! Hopefully this thread can help someone else too.
I get also an error scraping local nfo's
It is the same as here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pisodelist

Is this a bug? Should it be put on Trac?
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not scraping some tv shows with local nfo files0