Ouya + XBMC = no surround still
I have the latest chupacabra release on my Ouya and I'm using the latest Gothem release of XBMC. No matter what I try I can't get 5.1 AC3 or DTS from my ouya and local mkv files. I know its not my surround sound system because I can plug the HDMI cable into my laptop and load up XBMC and play the same files in perfect 5.1.

Any ideas on what might be going on? Ive even tried factory reset with no luck.
You really need to post a debug log (wiki) and screenshots of your audio settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you mean pass thru... I believe it has not been rolled into the official Gotham release. You need to use SPMC or the version in the ouya store
Here is a screenshot of my audio settings:

And here is the URL to my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=273058

Line 762 is when I load up the movie that doesn't play in 5.1
Turn off media codec and leave on libstagefright. If this still doesn't work then try SPMC (wiki).
(2014-08-21, 04:09)Ned Scott Wrote: Turn off media codec and leave on libstagefright. If this still doesn't work then try SPMC (wiki).

How do I turn off media codec and leave on libstagefright?
Enable 'expert' view in settings ('standard' is default), then you'll see it under 'System' I think. Or 'Video' > 'Playback'. I'm not recalling off the top of my head.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-08-21, 22:33)hdmkv Wrote: Enable 'expert' view in settings ('standard' is default), then you'll see it under 'System' I think. Or 'Video' > 'Playback'. I'm not recalling off the top of my head.

Holy crap! Never knew there was an expert mode or even the fact that you could change it out of standard.

I never did find the setting you were talking about but after I enabled expert mode in settings I was able to enable pass through in the audio settings and put a dot in the circle for DTS support. It worked great!

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ouya + XBMC = no surround still0