• 8(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
I started to do some hacking of the plugin to see if I could get purchases working.

The youtube v2 and v3 apis don't actually have any purchases methods that I can see.

However I was able to hack in the play list id for the purchase to replace the 'likes' one and I can see the list of videos. This was just a quick hack to see how far I can get. I figure perhaps we can scrape the https://www.youtube.com/purchases to get a list of the play lists.

I can't get very far in playing the videos because the youtube/video.pl getVideoStreamInfosPerPageView function used to determine the appropriate stream does not get the page with an authenticated user, so the stream info is unavailable. So I figure I need to add a login call first to the opener so that all future open calls will be authenticated.

I know that even if I can get past that I won't be able to play it because of DRM, but it would be cool to be able to configure a browser event for these DRM protected videos and use the same mechanism as for netflixbmc.

I am going to see if I can figure out what I need to pass to the opener to login to youtube first.

I think the netflix plugin does this for netflix using a cookie handler.
If you're not already doing so, or your solution is better Wink, this might reduce the work load/amount of code a bit: youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver (if you're not already aware of its existence)
(2014-08-19, 19:11)Crowly Wrote: If you're not already doing so, or your solution is better Wink, this might reduce the work load/amount of code a bit: youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver (if you're not already aware of its existence)

I see the youtube-dl has the login code and a PR even has the TOTP 2 factor auth stuff. Nice, I will definately be looking at that for the purchases stuff. I really just want to watch game of thrones season 4 on my htpc, after I finish season 3, which I bought on dvd.

The itch will probably wear off after that. Real shame netflix did not have game of thrones.

I am not even a python developer, hate python actually especially the stupid padding requirements for block control, what a joke.

Anyway, will see how far I get, not even sure what I come up with would be acceptable to either this or the Hendrik plugin anyway. Do others want purchases support, and would loading a chrome browser with html 5 be acceptable?
the youtube-dl for xbmc seems mostly about enabling downloads, whereas the youtube plugins are about urls that are fed to xbmc for playback. So perhaps not so useful. I will certainly be perusing the youtube-dl code though.

The stream URL derivation code could be replaced with this plugin. Its in official repo now too.

Very interesting
(2014-08-09, 00:50)arithine Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 05:06)MrMarijuano Wrote: thanks for this. Also the repo doesn't show anything for me.

Check to see if "Hide Foreign" is checked, I had the same problem.

Thanks, it worked for me.

If anyone else has this problem, this option is found pressing left at the Add-ons menu (using Confluence skin)

(2014-08-17, 12:57)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 18:44)tinybutstrong Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 13:17)dkplayaclub Wrote: enable 2 step verification

I don't want more bureaucracy to my life.

Previous "official" Youtube addon is working fine, but I remember to authorize the app somewhat in a google url looooong time ago. Something similar is available for this addon?

I'm confused too, do I need to add an app password for bromix Youtube and that won't affect the original Youtube plugin, never touched 2-step auth before because I set up a separate Google account back in the old merging of accounts days.

(2014-08-17, 14:52)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 12:42)tinybutstrong Wrote: Login not working for me. I'm using the credentials used in youtube.com (gmail+pass), I don't have 2 step verification enabled. Any suggestion would be good.

Same here. Never used 2-step auth since this is a account for Kodi only.
Original YT addon works perfect though

/edit:
Don't see any login attempt in debug log either.

I didn't really understood the type of account you're using but maybe my experience will help. I had a normal YouTube account before it asked me to merge it to my Google acct., but I rejected the option, so I got an "[email protected]" for my old YT acct. If you haven't set a password for it do this:

In YT, go to the upper right corner, click on your acct. icon, click the gear "YouTube settings", under your acct. name click advanced, then change or add password.

In the add-on just login with your "@pages.plusgoogle.com" and your new password.
OpenELEC 4.2.1 on an old PC
I use this dynamic content tag to fill a list.
How would I format something similar using your addon. What is the format for a search url?

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&amp;feed=search&amp;search=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)])</content> 
(2014-08-17, 22:53)arithine Wrote: Is there a way to force the plugin to reload "My Subscriptions" when accessed from outside the plugin? Eg: through a favorite or sub-menu

Yes there is download Super Favourites
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192662

you need to set overide context menu on through settings
then add to Super favourites, through context menu
then go into super favourites and add back to xbmc favourites.

this will work as you want

you might have to do abit of reading
ask for help from Spoyser if you get stuck hes cool
(2014-08-21, 05:07)woodside Wrote: I use this dynamic content tag to fill a list.
How would I format something similar using your addon. What is the format for a search url?

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&amp;feed=search&amp;search=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)])</content> 

Anyone?
(2014-08-22, 17:05)woodside Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 05:07)woodside Wrote: I use this dynamic content tag to fill a list.

PHP Code:

Anyone?

have you had a look at post 53
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1767714

(2014-08-06, 23:54)bromix Wrote: I use for example:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=%VIDEOID%

And thats it Smile

can't help any further im afraid
(2014-08-19, 07:41)JasonPell Wrote: I started to do some hacking of the plugin to see if I could get purchases working.

The youtube v2 and v3 apis don't actually have any purchases methods that I can see.

However I was able to hack in the play list id for the purchase to replace the 'likes' one and I can see the list of videos. This was just a quick hack to see how far I can get. I figure perhaps we can scrape the https://www.youtube.com/purchases to get a list of the play lists.

I can't get very far in playing the videos because the youtube/video.pl getVideoStreamInfosPerPageView function used to determine the appropriate stream does not get the page with an authenticated user, so the stream info is unavailable. So I figure I need to add a login call first to the opener so that all future open calls will be authenticated.

I know that even if I can get past that I won't be able to play it because of DRM, but it would be cool to be able to configure a browser event for these DRM protected videos and use the same mechanism as for netflixbmc.

I am going to see if I can figure out what I need to pass to the opener to login to youtube first.

I think the netflix plugin does this for netflix using a cookie handler.

I decided instead to make a contribution to the original plugin, as it has all the web page login, 2 - factor auth, etc all figured out.

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin/pull/72
(2014-08-22, 17:18)MediaPi Wrote:
(2014-08-22, 17:05)woodside Wrote:

PHP Code:

Anyone?

have you had a look at post 53
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1767714

(2014-08-06, 23:54)bromix Wrote: I use for example:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=%VIDEOID%

And thats it Smile

can't help any further im afraid

Yeah I seen that post but that is actually to play a video url not to search for videos. I basically need the syntax or url to search for videos of a given artist.
With new Gotham capabilities you can add a search url like in my original post to the content tag of a list and the the list is automatically filled with the results of your search. The content tag above fills a list but it's for the original youtube plugin and I wanted to use this one if possible because it is quicker to do searches. Thanks... by the way good job on your plugin.
Hi,

I downloaded the Alpha 17 version and logged in with my Google account. The problem is I can only see two menu items, "Search" and "Browse Channels". In the menu items settings all are checked as show. I have tried uncheck all items and recheck again. But still I cant see the menu items. Any idea how I can fix this?
(2014-08-21, 04:45)MrMarijuano Wrote: I didn't really understood the type of account you're using but maybe my experience will help. I had a normal YouTube account before it asked me to merge it to my Google acct., but I rejected the option, so I got an "[email protected]" for my old YT acct. If you haven't set a password for it do this:

In YT, go to the upper right corner, click on your acct. icon, click the gear "YouTube settings", under your acct. name click advanced, then change or add password.

In the add-on just login with your "@pages.plusgoogle.com" and your new password.

Apreciate the reply, I added a password for the "@pages.plusgoogle.com" page and still no login, there is no indication it is even attempting to log me in. The whole accounts thing is a total mess, the original plugin is logging me in but minus the subscriptions.
(2014-08-21, 05:07)woodside Wrote: What is the format for a search url?

It's possible to figure it out from the source in default.py:

Code:
__ACTION_SEARCH__ = 'search'

def search(query=None, pageToken=None, pageIndex=1):

action = bromixbmc.getParam('action')
_id = bromixbmc.getParam('id')
query = bromixbmc.getParam('query', '')
pageToken = bromixbmc.getParam('pageToken')
pageIndex = int(bromixbmc.getParam('pageIndex', '1'))
mine = bromixbmc.getParam('mine', 'no')=='yes'

if action == __ACTION_SHOW_SEARCH_INDEX__:
    showSearchIndex()
elif action == __ACTION_SEARCH__:
    search(query, pageToken, pageIndex)

So the 'action' for searching is 'search', which has three parameters, 'query' (default empty), 'pageToken' (default None) and 'pageIndex' (default 1). So in your case you want something like this:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=search&amp;query=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]
(2014-08-22, 22:31)torenvalk Wrote:
(2014-08-21, 05:07)woodside Wrote: What is the format for a search url?

It's possible to figure it out from the source in default.py:

Code:
__ACTION_SEARCH__ = 'search'

def search(query=None, pageToken=None, pageIndex=1):

action = bromixbmc.getParam('action')
_id = bromixbmc.getParam('id')
query = bromixbmc.getParam('query', '')
pageToken = bromixbmc.getParam('pageToken')
pageIndex = int(bromixbmc.getParam('pageIndex', '1'))
mine = bromixbmc.getParam('mine', 'no')=='yes'

if action == __ACTION_SHOW_SEARCH_INDEX__:
    showSearchIndex()
elif action == __ACTION_SEARCH__:
    search(query, pageToken, pageIndex)

So the 'action' for searching is 'search', which has three parameters, 'query' (default empty), 'pageToken' (default None) and 'pageIndex' (default 1). So in your case you want something like this:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=search&amp;query=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]

Wow... Thanks alot!... Being the amateur I am, It probably would have taken me forever to figure that out if I even ever did. It works like a charm and is speedy fast. I really appreciate your help torenvalk!

[EDIT] SWEET!!! And it doesn't even choke with artists with commas in their names like "Crosby, Stills & Nash. I be happy!!!

[EDIT2] Hmmm one weird thing though.. $INFO[Player.Title] doesn't show the title of the currently playing video.. It shows as "videoplayback"
That's strange.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20