no audio
I had xbmc working, had a computer malunction, got it repaired [ virus ] now I have no audio.. either on any/all movies/youtube/or music channels..
you have no audio, we have no debug log (wiki) or any other sort of debugging information, like whether you have audio from other applications.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Please forgive my ignorance, I am new to this..in terms of debug..I have checked and can report that
I have appropriate audio out of all my other programs..only none out of xbmc
(2014-07-28, 13:46)earlroberts Wrote: Please forgive my ignorance, I am new to this..in terms of debug..I have checked and can report that
I have appropriate audio out of all my other programs..only none out of xbmc

In terms of debug... all you need to do is follow the link nickr posted and all will be explained Wink

In terms of all your other programs having audio but not XBMC, have you tried turning the volume up (+ key if using a keyboard) ?

If that doesn't help, get a debug log (wiki) <- click the link Smile
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thank you for taking the time to help.. I took my cpu back to the repair place and they showed me how to properly configure the programs audio for the driver I needed. Apparently one of my other programs was specified and xbmc didn't like it! that takes care of my primary computer.. the one I am working on now will not let me run any movies.. I pull them up, and I get an error message stating

XBMC has stopped working
a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I'll look for the debug line you pointed out.. thanks again for being willing to help

earl
And start a new thread for the new problem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no audio0