Stuttering every five minutes or so
Hi all,
when I play a video (mostly DVD isos) everything is smooth but every 5 minutes (about) I have a noticeable stuttering (noticed especially in a scrolling scene) that last for about 6 seconds then it returns to normal.
Can somebody help to manage that problem?
PS: I have Win 7 64bit, when I had Win 8 (I just downgrade to 7) the problem doesn't exist.
While watching the video hit the keyboard 'O' command to toggle the OSD and look for bottle necks, frame drops, and fetch problems. The look over a proper debug-log to determine the culprit.
Hi,
I receive very few drop frame (7 over 15 minutes) and about 60 skipped (over 15 minutes or more).
That problem is every few minutes for some contents (especially old dvds), or even 60 seconds or less (some mkv's).

I also have judder on many 23,9fps contents especially in the panning scenes.
My tv turns into 24hz, I get a constant stutter/judder that is more in slow panning scenes (horizontal and vertical).
There's something I can or try to solve what is above?
I need to select "GAME MODE" into display of my TV or is better to put in CINEMA or STANDARD? I have an LG tv that also have Truemotion but I hate it (it's very ugly on cinema contents).

PS: On the same computer I had Windows 8 (now I have 7) and I can swear that before with 8 I haven't this judder problem. Now I have 7 and I want to keep it though.
Quote:I need to select "GAME MODE" into display of my TV or is better to put in CINEMA or STANDARD?
This is screen gama/colour/brightness pre-sets on your TV and pretty much independent of the media source. You can change these presets to something more palatable. I do find them useful for various videos that have been balanced off colour or brightness, but for the most part and for clarity, it's set to off.

Your P.S. suggest that there is a difference in XBMC with windows 7 vs 8; messages on this forum suggest that isn't an issue.

You do have some issue with dropped and skipped frames. The debug log will tell you if you have a fetch issue, codec etc.. Switch over to software rendering and see what that does for you. Also run some desktop utilities in the background that monitor CPU, GFX performance etc.
[quote='PatK' pid='1761554' dateline='1406648428']
[quote]
Your P.S. suggest that there is a difference in XBMC with windows 7 vs 8; messages on this forum suggest that isn't an issue.
You do have some issue with dropped and skipped frames. The debug log will tell you if you have a fetch issue, codec etc.. Switch over to software rendering and see what that does for you. Also run some desktop utilities in the background that monitor CPU, GFX performance etc.
[/quote]

For what it means, in Win 8 I had Catalyst 13.9 beta while in Win 7 I have 14.4.

"The debug log will tell you if you have a fetch issue, codec etc.."
Please tell me how to make it

"Switch over to software rendering and see what that does for you."
Do you mean to disable "hardware acceleration"?

About ATI interlace settings, now it's "weave", it is correct? I also switched Aero off when use XBMC.

Thank you for your patience.
For what it's worth, most have Aero 'on'. The debug info is located here... I'm using 13.1 for win 7; I'd suggest trying out the latest for yourself, then go back a few if needed. (it's possible to be a version issue)
Quote:Do you mean to disable "hardware acceleration"?
Yes
Quote:About ATI interlace settings, now it's "weave", it is correct?
Allow player settings, everything else off with the exception of allow hardware video conversion.
(2014-07-30, 03:18)PatK Wrote: For what it's worth, most have Aero 'on'. The debug info is located here... I'm using 13.1 for win 7; I'd suggest trying out the latest for yourself, then go back a few if needed. (it's possible to be a version issue)
Quote:Do you mean to disable "hardware acceleration"?
Yes
Quote:About ATI interlace settings, now it's "weave", it is correct?
Allow player settings, everything else off with the exception of allow hardware video conversion.

Hi,
If I have Aero on, and XBMC is synced for fps to hz of the TV, the movie is stuttering so much that seem a slideshow instead that a video (!). So I don't understand how mostly here can leave it on.

I have smooth video off and hardware video conversion off, so, could I hope that is for them off that I have problems of strange stuttering and strange innatural movements (randomly)?

Now I'm at office, when i'll back home I will make this try!
Have a look over this... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering every five minutes or so0